Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC - Slow Launch

New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are having trouble with Adobe Reader DC.  It is taking a very long time to open (2minutes) for a large section of our computers.  We are running Windows 10 with the latest Reader version.  I have tried turning off Protected Mode (as described is several forum posts) and that does fix the issue but should obviously not be left off.  Deleting the temp files only fixes it until the next launch.  I am hoping to get help solving this issue or news about long term fixes for it. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and found on another thread in this forum the following that helped me:

Edit> Preferences > Security (enhanced) and deselect "Enable protected mode at start up" and click OK. (very important to click ok)

I hope this help you as it did help me after a week trying to find out the issue.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me! Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too!!! Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally.

Thanks for the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too!  Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for finding the fix.  This cured the problem for me, now it pops right open with no delay. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Registered to say thank you for this fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very welcome.  This gesture makes me happy and appreciative of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I had this problem for some time and you literally improved my working life! I cannot thank you enough. (I have created(reactivated) the account to thank you) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.  This thanks made my day today. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My organization is also experiencing this issue. I have tried removing Adobe DC, running the cleanup tool, and re-installing. No change. Files from the local PC open quickly, but if its on a network share, they're very slow to open. Its not our network backbone as we have Gigabit and other files such as Word documents open fine. Also, AV has been tested turned off with no change. Only some users experience this issue. I have seen several forms with users experiencing the same issue, so I feel this is an Adobe software issue and not the End Users in the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue with the 3DConnexion API for your 3D mouse.

If you're not using the 3D mouse in Acrobat, you may delete the plugin:

3DxAcr3d.api

Located in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins as brentp32714391 described but it was a 3rd party plugin from SMART that is included in their Smart Notebook software or drivers (SMARTPlugin.api).  Deleting it instantly sped things up.  However...our end users do use that API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did it for me! Although I don't know if the 3D mouse add in is installed by Adobe or the 3D mouse driver.  I use a 3D mouse but not for viewing pdfs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted this file and my Adobe files are opening quickly now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the reason for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this information - fixed for me. I use a 3d Connexion Space ball in Solidworks - would never have found this problem if not for this post. Had the problem for ages!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it was the 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator  API (3D mouse), sure enough.  Renaming that file fixed the slow-start problem here too... thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brent,

Thank you this solved my problem 😄

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines