Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC - Slow Launch

New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are having trouble with Adobe Reader DC.  It is taking a very long time to open (2minutes) for a large section of our computers.  We are running Windows 10 with the latest Reader version.  I have tried turning off Protected Mode (as described is several forum posts) and that does fix the issue but should obviously not be left off.  Deleting the temp files only fixes it until the next launch.  I am hoping to get help solving this issue or news about long term fixes for it. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix resolved my issue. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue. In order to investigate the issue further can you pls. provide us with some logs from your system with Enable Protected Mode at startup' and 'Enable Enhanced Security' turned 'ON' in the Preferences.

Following are the steps to generate the procmon logs:

Capture.PNG

Do the required steps/workflow and save the logs in the end.

Pls. provide the above logs to us using a file sharing utility.

Thanks in advance,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.  With "Enable Protected mode at startup" on, it takes double the time to load.  When will you fix this.  We do not want to turn it off if it is going to leave us exposed.  Can that be left off and still allow protection??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone look at my issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had this problem with ADOBE DC and it was killing me trying the fixes like enhanced security (checked to OFF) etc.

I saw another fix that said go to the C:/COMPUTERNAME>Programfilesx86>Adobe

This led me to discover that a pprevious version of adobe, Adobe Pro 11.0 still had files in the folder AFTER adobe complete uninstall and clearner programs...

Well i deleted the Adobe Pro 11.0 folder and voila! no more delays in opening PDFs. Which means Adobe DC was referencing the Adobe Pro 11.0 for some process. I am not an expert so i don't know what it was but it was slowing it down. 

Maybe this will help some who have commented that nothign has helped. It has bugged me for 5 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this on 2 servers, when I looked in add remove programs one server had 'Adobe Acrobat DC (64-bit)' and users logged into this server had the issue but users on the other server with 'Adobe Acrobat Reader DC' did not have the issue.

For me the resolution was :

uninstall the version that had the issue 'Adobe Acrobat DC (64-bit)

and then rather than downloading the program again from adobe.com as you would normally, google adobe reader offline installer

install the offline version of reader DC - it installs in a different way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines