• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC User Cannot Add Comments on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user who just received a new PC running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC and the latest version of Adobe Reader DC.  Previous to this, she was able to read in a PDF file and add comments to it.  Now, the "T" to add text is greyed out.  What can I do to re-enable this function for her?  It's vital to her job performance to be able to comment on PDFs.

Thanks!

Larry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

Sorry for the delay. Hoping that you have managed to find the resolution by now?

As asked above, your user was able to add the text within a PDF using Text comment tool, but now is not possible. There are couple of possibilities, that text tool "T" has been greyed out.

1- May the Adobe Reader is outdated. What is the exact version of Adobe Reader you are working with? Open Reader>Help>About Reader DC and then Open Reader>Help>Check for update

2- Check the document's properties, does it allow commenting?

Open PDF>right click Document Properties>Security>Commenting>Allowed or not Allowed

3- Since your machine environment is enterprise. I assume it might have some customization in Reader's installation. Which is causing restrictions adding anything to the existing document.

4- If everything is at its place, then use cleaner tool to remove application Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  and reinstall it.

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Thanks,Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much this was actually the same issue faced by me. Your solution was very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to hear stevemyers it worked for you.

Thanks for taking out time and sharing update.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

recently i have reinstall the latest version.everyhting was fine for sometime but later on iam not able to use the coment tool.i cannot writ anything on the comment box.wasted the whole day trying to find a solution.it will be really helpful if ccan provode customer care number.so wasted ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the link you provided on serial number 4 is also not wolrking 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for more specific information.iam not able to comment on the pop-up note of the latest Adobe's Acrobat reader DC.its a pain in the neck,because iam not able to avail any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines