• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader does not verify electronic signature

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader installed on one of the computers does not verify electronic signatures. On another computer, the same program verifies the signature and confirms its correctness. I did an update of the program, certificates and it still does not work. What else can I do?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is the message with which that Adobe Reader instance rejects the signatures in question? Can you share an example PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is a document signed with a qualified signature. On all other computers it displays "Signed. All signatures are correct." Unfortunately, on this one computer there is the same file and it displays "Al least one signature has problems".
I also noticed that on the other computers among the certificates there is a certificate starting with a string of digits and ending with the email address of the person to whom the computer is assigned (screen attached). And on the computer where Adobe cannot verify these signatures there is nothing similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, when I validate that signature, open the context menu of that signature in the signature panel on the left, and select "Show Signature Properties...", I get

MikelKlink_0-1692712632628.png

What does the problem computer show there? (Please make sure to set the Adobe Reader language to English for the screen shot.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached are screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that looks like the copy of the EUTL that Adobe Reader is using is outdated or broken.

Could you select Preferences --> Trust Manager? The bottom-most frame should look like this:

MikelKlink_0-1692715872688.png

Please press the Update Now button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it doesn't help. I also did this before and it didn't do anything either. Now when I updated, a message like the one attached appeared for a while. But now it is again as it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you check whether the issuer of the certificate is trusted in your installation?

I.e. in the Preferences select "Signatures", in the "Identities & Trusted Certificates" press "More...", select "Trusted Certificates", and search for entries for "COPE SZAFIR - Kwalifikowany". Is there this one?

MikelKlink_0-1692718028196.png

As you see in the screen shot, I have two entries for that name here, differing in their issuer name and their validity time range.

Also can you check whether your verification settings differ from the following ones? You find them under Preferences --> Signatures --> Verification: More...

MikelKlink_1-1692718405943.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the first screen different (attached), the second is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that shows that that Adobe Reader instance integrates neither the AATL nor the EUTL certificates even though you explicitly triggered updates thereof.(by clicking "Update now" in the trust manager preferences).

I haven't had that issue myself yet, so maybe someone else can help here.

My guess would be either that the computer in question is not allowed network access to the download sites of the AATL and EUTL or that the files in which Adobe Reader locally stores those trusted certificates are somehow damaged or not writeable.

In the former case giving the computer full access to the internet should suffice, in the latter case a repair of the installation or even an uninstall of Adobe Reader, a cleanup of left-behind Adobe configuration files, and a fresh re-install of the Reader should do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines