• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader file already in use....its not.

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It blows my mind that Adobe gets away with releasing such crap software. As a long time Creative suite user (mainly Premiere) I ditched Adobe for video work due to the constant crashing and zero useful support.

Now, acrobat makes it almost impossible to just sign a document.

Seriously, who are the software engineers at Adobe? I can find dozens of faults in each Adobe software package I use wihin minutes of use.

I get the error message that

"There was an error opening this document. Acrobat cannot open this file because a task is still active in Acrobat. Please return to Acrobat and end the task before opening this file."

But it's not open anywhere!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, I can't quit Reader either. Greyed out and even selecting it from the tool bar and pressing 'quit' doesnt quit the app. I suppose thats one way of forcing your rubbish software in people Adobe. What a disgrace your company and software engineers are!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaultbq9guar9t4oj 

Hope you're doing well.

Could you please check your task manager and kill any acrobat process if running and try again ?

If not resolved, please revert.

Regards,

Sujata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines