Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader fill and sign - font changed after upgrade to 2021.005.20048

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

After upgrade Adobe Reader to 2021.005.20048 on Windows Server 2016 (terminal server) font using in fill and sign form changed to Symbol and it's unreadable.

Before upgrade:

defaultht7w7q8acxae_0-1623656497715.png

After upgrade:

defaultht7w7q8acxae_1-1623656522956.png

How can I change this to font before upgrade?

Uninstall and reinstall application doesn't help.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Hi,

I had the same problem few hours ago. But in my case reinstall helped. But I restarted PC on each step: uninstall, restart, install, restart. Then there were crushes when I tried this tool so I  updated and  finally everything works.

Hope you will find solution to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an optional update for Acrobat and Reader DC (version 21.005.20054) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version from this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2021.html#dccontinuousjunehotfixtwentytwentyone 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.  As described you are getting the changed symbol when trying to use the fill and sign option.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Please try to reboot the computer once and see if that helps. You may also try to repair the installation (Windows Only) from the help menu. Go to Help > Repair Installation

If it doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

Thank you for answer.

This behavior occur with all PDF files as I checked. I also created new PDF file and situation is the same.

Reboot, repair installation or uninstall and install didn't help.

I tried logon with another account without Acrobat preferences but it also didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Requesting you to please share ProcMon logs (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html). Go to this link and search for "Process Monitor Tool (ZIP, 56.5 KB)". Download the tool and follow the user instructions listed below.

Once you have performed the workflow, please share the log file (.pml) with us.

Regards,
Sandeep Grover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for answer.

I would not like to share this file here, may I send it directly to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to mail directly to me at sagrover@adobe.com.

Regards,
Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same problem few hours ago. But in my case reinstall helped. But I restarted PC on each step: uninstall, restart, install, restart. Then there were crushes when I tried this tool so I  updated and  finally everything works.

Hope you will find solution to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this issue is not reproducible on our end. Fonts are appearing fine in place of "Type text here" under Fill and Sign tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an optional update for Acrobat and Reader DC (version 21.005.20054) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version from this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay I was on vacation.
After upgrade from version 21.001.20155.39962 to 21.005.20054 this issue doesn't occure.
Thank you for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines