Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader For Microsoft Store

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a Microsoft Store version of Adobe Reader.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/p/adobe-reader-touch/9wzdncrfj2gc?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Will there be any plans to update the app to the latest standards of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

TOPICS
Download and install , General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

No. It’s old and almost obsolete. It only really still exists because the regular Reader can’t run in Windows RT. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It’s old and almost obsolete. It only really still exists because the regular Reader can’t run in Windows RT. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well with Adobe publishing other apps in the Microsoft Store, Adobe should consider uploading Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on the Store as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The store has very strict rules. They are so strict, that Reader had to be written again from scratch, and that is what is in the App Store...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you care, by the way, whether it's in the App Store?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easier to deploy among my various devices

Auto-update from the store

No need for admin rights to install

Able to install in S Mode or Windows ARM Devices

Apple did it with iTunes on the Microsoft Store (Which is the full desktop app btw), Im pretty sure Adobe can do so too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not as easy as you think! Much of the functionality of Reader would need to be either lost or dumbed down to work with Microsoft's current rules for eligibility for their store. The comparison of iTunes with Adobe Reader is somewhat specious. iTunes has exceptionally limited interoperability with any other software, doesn't support programming (i.e., JavaScript), and supports very few, limited file formats.

In other words, don't hold your breath. 

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can add a reason to request DC in the Windows store: I use it for work applications, but IT has a strict download policy; it will let me download from the Windows store, but not the internet at large. I understand it's not realistic to rewrite the software, but I wonder if anyone else has the same issue I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops, just realized that's covered under "don't need admin rights to install." I just wanted to second the request. Now, we just need how many hundreds of thousands more? 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not as easy as you think! Much of the functionality of Reader would need to be either lost or dumbed down to work with Microsoft's current rules for eligibility for their store. The comparison of iTunes with Adobe Reader is somewhat specious. iTunes has exceptionally limited interoperability with any other software, doesn't support programming (i.e., JavaScript), and supports very few, limited file formats.

In other words, don't hold your breath. 

By @Dov Isaacs

Want to know what that tells us? Stop turning a reader application into something it is not supposed to be. Adobe should strip Adobe Reader right down, remove most of it's functionality. Make it the application we want and not the application that Adobe wants to push. 

If the world wants the additional features that Adobe Reader currently has, we will pay for it. As it goes I am very sure Adobe can confirm that from businesses the ratio of Reader vs Acrobat is massively in a favour of Reader. That says it all.

It is time to go back to basic, and get this application on to that Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, new Adobe Reader is available for Windows 11 in Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. The new rules for the Windows 11 store means it is there (but it is no longer called Adobe Reader, the name is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC). It is NOT in the Windows 10 store. But the Windows 10 store seems to have a product with Adobe Acrobat in the name, which is made by someone else entirely. I wonder how long it will stay there, since Adobe and Acrobat are trademarks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DIRECT21851891elpn_0-1637397201826.png

Now adobe acrobat reader dc is on store 

and free and only 293.3 mb 

so enjoy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines