• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader freezes Outlook after using email button

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking at an issue for a long time which I can see that multiple people have contacted you about Adobe that Outlook freezes after using the Email button in the Adobe Reader.

Some of the pages I checked before:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(THE FIX) I have found a solution for the issue, a register fix in the RegEdit of Windows.

What the fix does in the RegEdit:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe]
"ResetOutlookConnection"=dword:00000001

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have dropped the file of the register fix in the attached files, just remove the .txt. the file ending and then load it into the Windows RegEdit, or grab it from the link.

I also showed which Adobe reader and also which Office package that was installed on the PC at the time of the fix.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Share or review PDFs , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar issue - I use Office 365 (desktop app).  When clicking on the email button within Adobe Acrobat DC, Outlook app completely gets locked up and becomes inoperable until the email is actually sent.  Very annoying given that I will often seek to add additional documents from other locations (desktop, document management, or even from another outlook email).  Why does adobe acrobat "lock" outlook when using the adobe acrobat email button?  It seems very strange and when I contacted adobe for a solution, they basically just told me that this is the way adobe works and they do not view it as a glitch or problem - I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines