Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Freezes when trying to fill a fillable form

Participant ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2022.003.20263

Whenever I try to fill certain forms the form itself freezes. I can close it and open other documents but when I open that fillable form again it freezes. The form still works in older versions of Acrobat (like the version at work 2022.002.20212) but it doesn't work with the latest version of Adobe.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but that didn't work. I even tried the regular non-pro version, and it still didn't work.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @musziQ 

Thanks for reporting this. 

Please try the following troubleshooting.

1- 

Run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application’s files traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html 

Download the Acrobat Reader DC installer from here:

https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

2- Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup," "Protected View," and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat. 

Note: these changes are only for testing purposes. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright. Followed all of these steps. Turning off the enhanced security options seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that it helped.

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright, now how do I get it to work without doing that? Is there a way to "trust" the document so that it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines