• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe reader gets uninstalled itself

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using windows 10 pro have observed adobe acrobat reader gets uninstalled after windows automatic updates were installed by the windows. it happened with 2 of our computers sharing a domain and i have experienced this uninstall on my laptop as well. have you guys faced this issue with your machines? please help me out to eradicate this problem. thanks:)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give me some solution man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ikhlaqa,

Walikum Asalam.

About your problem, you may have to check with your IT who is managing your updates or OS imaging. There is a good possibility it is defined either in Group policies or the action which executes the update is removing Adobe Reader.

The behaviour is not reproducible at our end.

Feel free to update the discussion if you have further questions.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well thank you tariq for your reply but what would say about a standalone laptop which has never been a part of a domain?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you SURE it is uninstalled? What exactly do you see?

For many people they find that double clicking opens Edge instead of Reader. This doesn't mean it's uninstalled at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey TSN,

thank you for your reply. it had changed the default app as edge but when i went to default app to change it to acrobat reader it was not there. then i looked for it everywhere it was not there in my laptop which means it was uninstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you said. To drill down that case, it won't be easier either we have to wait for next windows update to check the reproducibility or we have to roll back the machine to previous windows update.

What you said if that is always happening on the machines, whether or not connected to the domain. It will be still your IT team who has to check OS image and policies. There is nothing in the application which runs automatic uninstallation after Windows update.

Please let me know if that answer's your question.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well it didn't happen today after installing windows updates. if it does not happen again which i hope so i won't happen then still i am not okay with this i am worried about the answer really i mean adobe got uninstalled from our 3 of computers and we can't explain why, whyyyyyyyyyy????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They're in denial. I've seen it happen a multitude of times in our company and I can't replicate the issue it just happens. Adobe Pro or X just Uninstalls itself. Nothing in the softwares list. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines