Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Javascript Security Error

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon everyone, 

I am fairly new to Adobe, therefore I apologize for a potentially silly question. 

I created a form in which I used the following JavaScript to essentially add/remove additional pages based on whether one of the various check boxs are selected or not:

if(event.target.value!="Off")
{this.getTemplate("t1" ).hidden=false;}
else
{this.getTemplate("t1" ).hidden=true;}

My form works perfectfully fine when utilizing Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017; however, when opened in Adobe Reader (where the individuals receiving this form will be opening it) the form does not respond to the JavaScript function. I receieve the following error:

"NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent access to this property or method.
Template.hidden:2:Field Risk 1:Mouse Up".

I have done some reading some the error, but the error seems to be somewhat universal and could be a result of many different issues. 

Any thoughts on how to avoid this issue?

Many thanks!

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Acrobat Reader can't hide or show template pages. Acrobat Reader can spawn and delete template pages. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can't hide or show template pages. Acrobat Reader can spawn and delete template pages. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Bernd Alheit. 

Do you happen to know the JavaScript code that would enable me to make these changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the documentation in the Acrobat Javascript Reference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the spawn method of the Template object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67, you give more incorrect information than any other contributor on the Adobe forums. That code will be limited to desktop Reader and won't work on any mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to ignore my posts, then.

However, no one mentioned anything in this thread about a mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am mentioning it. Readers should know that Adobe no longer supports mobile devides with Pro or Reader.

The code you are telling forum readers to implement only works in very specific instanes of PDFs on very specific deivices and version of the Adobe software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fine you're mentioning it but don't denigrate me while doing so. I never claimed this code will work on a mobile device as that was not the theme of this thread. In fact, since the OP mentioned an error message in the Console it was clear they were not using the mobile version of the app, since that would not appear there at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a seperate forum for Acrobat Reader on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines