• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader keeps crashing on Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On all of my machines, Adobe Reader can suddenly decide to crash, resulting in a "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working", all my notes and work becomes lost. After restarting, it requests if I want to recover the lost work, but it always fails doing so. Several of my colleagues have the same problem, making me think this is a common issue with Adobe Reader in general.

I'm running the latest build of Windows 10 (Build 14393.222) and Adobe Reader (2015.017.20053). It usually crashes when I switch between windows or turn on my PC after hibernation about once a day with frequent.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi martin_mine

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Try "Repair Installation" under Help menu.

Also refer the troubleshooting steps provide in this KB doc :  Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Let us know if you still experience the issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the issue on several machines, of whom one I just reformatted a few weeks ago. The issue was also on my pc before I reformatted, so I highly doubt doing a repair install will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi martin_mine

Sorry for delay in response.

Please try to update application to the latest patch released. We have launched an update on 11 Oct, 2016.

Go to Help menu and check for updates.

Let us know if issue still persists.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader also freezes as soon as I click on the 'Help' tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I am busy writing a PhD dissertations, have multiple pdf files open and then "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working", all my notes and work becomes lost, extremely extremely frustrating. This has been going on for 6 months probably, have re installed it many times, repaired, etc. nothing helped. I am changing to a different pdf reader, Adobe is the worst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rikusg98319732,

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the help link provided in first reply above?

If not, please try these steps from here: Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software

If issue still persists, try running cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  and then restart your system.

Then reinstall application from this link: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an Adobe account to report that I was having the same irritating problem as Martin, attempted each of the troubleshooting steps, failed to fix the problems, downloaded an alternative to Adobe, and now not only am issue-free with the new program but also enjoy it more than I ever did Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree. Adobe has become the biggest load of crud since Windows 98. I have an enterprise id accoun - I can't sign in to it from pc, tablet, phone or anywhere. Therefore documents can't sign to the 'creative' cloud (haha). The acrobat reader that comes with the enterprise account keeps on crashing if I ever try to open a comment that I wrote earlier and saved the document. - with the message "the procedure entry point could not be located ... etc". That meant that the program was completely unusable. So I uninstalled it and installed the most recent version of Reader DC. It has autosave ticked. I have just worked on a document for 13 hours m,making comments and highlighting. It suddenly crashed, and no autosaved document is to be found anywhere.

I was working on a document on my tablet on the train yesterday. No way of saving it (becuase it is done automatically hahahahah). But this morning when I went to open it again, so sign of the document or the changes I had made to it or to an auto saved version anywhere.

What a complete and total shambles of a company

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine, too.

The repair install works for a little bit, and then it downloads Adobe "upgrades" and just shuts down after 7 seconds.  I suspect Adobe is trying to force everyone to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best solution, if you were previously using Windows 7 is to right click on your desktop shortcut, then click on Properties.  Click on the tab that says compatibility and the select compatibility mode to run the Windows 7 (or other) version of your Adobe Reader.  Click OK and you're good to go.  This also works for Adobe Acrobat X Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines