• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader quit unexpectedly

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kept getting this problem with my Adobe Acrobat reader.  I tried to repair and even reinstall but it keeps coming up. Not sure if it has anything to do with recent Windows updates. I am using Windows 10 64bit.

Help! 

<title altered for clarity-kglad>

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Just to chime in (hello everyone by the way!):

I have also been seeing it - Acrobat Reader DC x64 - on two different machines, and along the same timelines as this thread:

1. Personal (home) PC with Windows 10 (home)

2. Old work laptop (Surface) with Windows 10 (corporate)

Two above machines had had all updates/upgrades in place, latest version of Adobe Reader DC x64 installed etc.

Registry trick worked on my work laptop, had not deployed it on home PC as I was awaiting proper fix.

Interestingly,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Hi there,

The new version 23.08.20555 of Acrobat is now available addressing the fix for the issue.

Please update the application from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Thank you Amal, The AcrobatDCx64Upd2300820555.msp update seems to have fixed the issue.

D. Steele

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 266 Replies 266
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me nuts as well but im not comfortable doing that work around - when is adobe going to send a fix for this??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never, it seems. It's gone largely ignored for many months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like G_Man says, the problem has been around for months. There's others (like titlebars reverting to the old Windows-7 shell style, or Acrobat/Reader hanging on startup for close to a minute or more)) that have been around for years. Apparently Adobe does not feel that fit and finsih of their product matters, and that they can pretty much get away with foisting a half-broken product on their customers without penalty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a problem most of us do not see.  

the first thing to try with problematic adobe programs, that do not generate an explicit error message, it to reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must wonder where you got the data for your statement. Care to share how you know that "most of us" do not see the issue? I have seen it on every single Windows 10 and Windows 11 machine across widely disparate configurations covering both desktop and laptop machines. The problem also appears on brand-new installs with no other third-party software present.

I realize that this does not entitle me to speculate that "most of us" experience the problem, but what is certain is that the problem is both real and widespread.

And, no, resetting preferences does nothing, unless it eliminates thumbnail generation, for which we have established that it is connected to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's an inference based on my decades of experience being adobe's most prolific forum respondent.

on a personal note, i've been using adobe cc all apps subscription since the day it started (after beta testing), and i've never had a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this provides any of the statistics you would have to have access to in order to back up your statement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"it's a problem most of us do not see. "
I can assure you that is incorrect. It happens on literally every single Windows 10/11 computer at my work and we have hundreds of them of all different configurations. I also posted this problem on our IT Facebook group and I had to disable comments on the post due to THOUSANDS of angry responses confirming that it is happening universally across the board. If you don't see it then that's cool (and apparently magical) but to tell literally the rest of the world they are not seeing something they are clearly seeing is at best silly and at worst grounds for a mental evaluation. IT IS HAPPENING TO US ALL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"it's a problem most of us do not see. "
I can assure you that is incorrect. It happens on literally every single Windows 10/11 computer at my work and we have hundreds of them of all different configurations. I also posted this problem on our IT Facebook group and I had to disable comments on the post due to THOUSANDS of angry responses confirming that it is happening universally across the board. If you don't see it then that's cool (and apparently magical) but to tell literally the rest of the world they are not seeing something they are clearly seeing is at best silly and at worst grounds for a mental evaluation. IT IS HAPPENING TO US ALL!

By @ParGellen35302608fdg7

No. No, it is not. I do not have this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so there may be a few exceptions here, but it's certainly not a one-off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you mate..ive been getting this issue for a while and its fixed now..much appreciated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping this works, it's been a headache ever since the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck? - sorry, I'm losing track of this thread on my phone, what is it you've actually tried?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anybody try the cleaner tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried full uninstall, cleaner, reinstall, even a new Developer build of Windows 11. Get error message anytime thumbnails are generating, and only occasionally if thumbnails are not generating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did too. Did that before attempting the CrashDumps procedure. And related to that, did anybody try to get the CrashDumps? Mine are nowhere to be found. Are we dealing with a ghost error? This also happens on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, this seems to be an Adobe issue. I too have it in Asia-Pacific. Since the Adobe revamp upgrade, with the menus etc switched, Adobe Acrobat is an issue. And I pay an annual fee. I doubt very much this is a Windos Update issue as there are many MAC rekated threads on this as well. It happens as someone has mentioned even when you have not used Acrobat AT ALL since start up of OS. THAT is an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're talking about the revamp upgrade (menus switched) and I've face the same since this upgrade.
But one strange thing is that on my personnal computer (@home) Acrobat has also been update to 2023.006.20320 .. but I've keep the "old style" menu ! 🫤
Anyway, I got the same error on both computer .. which means that this "menu upgrade" should not be the only reason..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Meenakshi Negi is there someone from Adobe working on that bug ? Is it at least recorded as something to fix ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Meenakshi Negi is there any update?
I've been getting this error, and tried the repair/reinstall with Adobe, but nothing seems to fix it.
Get the error popping up multiple times a day, on a Paid subscription service.
We wouldn't have to be doing all these tricky back fixes & Crash logs.  It's an Adobe error, that needs a fix to be pushed out via an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrew334885988cqk 

reader is free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this too for the past week or so. My suspicion is that it happens when you are using Windows Explorer preview to look at a pdf document, and then try to open a pdf in Acrobat. If I have Windows Explorer closed and I just open a document straight from my email, I don't get the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines