• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader - remove menu icons that prompt for trial - Standard/Pro is not installed.

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open a PDF and right click, the menu includes both the free version icons, such as 'Rotate View Clockwise' (which works fine) as well as the the licensed icons.  By this I mean the two rotation arrows.  One is a circular arrow going counter clockwise, the other clockwise.  This is the familiar way to rotate left or right.    

How do I remove the licensed versions icons from the right click menus?  

For context, people are clicking on the wrong icons so it displays a popup asking them to start a trial.  We would rather this icon doesn't appear so people use the 'Rotate View Clockwise' option more commonly associated with Adobe Reader.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Cheers

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. As per the above description and the screenshot, I understand that you want to remove certain icons from the tool bar.

To do that, you can right click on the tool bar itself and select the appropriate icons that you want to be displayed.

acrobat menu view 1.png

Just in case if you do not find the appropriate option in this menu, you can click the option that says customize Quick Tools and add or remove the options that you either want or don't want to show up on the tools list.

acrobat menu view 2.png

You can also refer to this link to get a better idea: helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/workspace-basics.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Souvik,

Thank you for taking the time to look and respond to this, however unfortunately what you suggest customises the display on the toolbar.  Whilst this is useful, it's the right click menu I wish to modify.

If you go into a PDF and right click you will (hopefully) see the same menu as per my attached image.  What I would like to hide is the rotate left and right icons at the top.  If we click on those it prompts to setup a Trial version of what I imagine is Adobe Acrobat Standard.  In the past this didn't seem to be there so you only had the choice to click on "Rotate View Clockwise".

Thanks

Yiannis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@yiannisl32429838 Adding to what @Bernd Alheit said,

You can put this in line to the product team for them to look into it and implement it on the upcoming updates.

The link for the feedback form: Acrobat Reader for Windows and Mac: New (692 ideas) – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC (uservoice.c...

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't customize the right click menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines