• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader will not open Windows 11

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not open Reader, either by opening a PDF or by opening the app directly. I am using Windows 11.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Running repair. Rebooting. I have also tried downloading from the windows store and from adobe's website, and no luck either way.

When I try to open Reader I get the blue loading circle, and never goes away. Help appreciated!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 is not officially supported yet.

https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/system-requirements-reader-2020.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this be corrected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same problem. Will there be a fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Skyler22189650mw0p 

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I am sorry for the experience with Acrobat Reader DC.

Please try installing the latest 64-bit version of Acrobat Reader DC from the link here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Download | Free PDF viewer for Windows, Mac OS, Android

Let me know if this version runs fine or if you still experience issues with the launch.

If you still face issues, please share a screen recording of the same situation so that we would investigate further.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik, thank you for the quick response! I have done this already today. I even assigned an Acrobat Pro license to this user, downloaded the cloud app and tried to run it from there. The Adobe Cloud app said that it is not supported on Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

19 April 2023:  new Samsung  Go Book NP545XLA, Windows 11.

The computer has gone through the motions of the installation several times.

The application is listed, and the shortcut is placed onto the desktop.

I followed your link, and I also just Googled my way to the Adobe Reader download.

It does not work:  I cannot open the application directly, nor can I open a PDF file.

Please advise.

Thanks

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to Fix Adobe Reader Icon not opening when clicked. 

1. Right Click on Adobe Reader Desktop Icon and select Properties.

2. Select Shortcut Tab. 

3. Click on the Advanced button.

4. Check the Run as administrator box.

5. Click OK, then click OK to close the Adobe Acrobat Properties box.

This works for other adobe programs that won't open when you click on their icon, e.g., photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the problem clicking on the icon to open as described previously, but I couldn't right click on a pdf and use open with Adobe Acrobat, or right click on a photo and use open with Adobe Photoshop. The following step fixed the problem completely.

1. Uninstalled Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Photoshop.

2. Do an inplace upgrade of Windows 11.

3. Reinstalled Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Photoshop.

Now both apps respond as expected when I right click their icon or click on a pdf or photo and use open with.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My Issue Got resolved by going through the Steps mentioned in this troubleshooting website:  Error - A running instance of Acrobat has caused an error (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines