• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader won't download and install

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download the free Reader DC on my Windows 10 desktop PC and it fails every time. Any help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

I have now managed to download so problem sorted. thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly is it failing?

Can you download and install from here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download and the installer won't install - after about 6% it asks me to retry and when I do it fails and says there was a connection error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to download from the address given on the reply and it said file corrupt or invalid signature so it wouldn't inatall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stephenh,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once, then use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove any corrupt or conflicting installation files of Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine, then download the setup of Adobe Reader from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1900820071/

Complete the installation process, then reboot the machine. Once Adobe Reader is installed, located the icon, right click and choose Run as Administrator.

Once Adobe Reader is installed, install the latest patch Adobe Reader 19.008.20080 from help>check for updates, reboot the machine and check.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou but I'm not tech savvy and I'm not sure how I complete the installation process from the download address you gave me. I get  an FTP Directory with 7different addresses on it. Which do I click to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please open the link ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1900820071/

then download the file AcroRdrDC1900820071_en_US.exe

Once the setup is downloaded, run the setup and finish the installation process.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

I Adobe Reader wasn't opening pdf documents so I uninstalled Adobe Reader to re-install. I have been having difficulties re-installing as I kept getting the message that the newest version was found. I came across this community and ran the cleaner file. Then I tried to install the file you suggested above and got another error message 1722. "There was a problem with this Windows Installer package". It said to contact the package vendor. 

I have several pdf files that I need to open. I am so desperate to get this resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions and cleaned Reader from my system but when I download the setup it says The signature on it is corrupt or invalid. So I can't install.

Any further suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stephenh,

I am sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused, are you still experiencing the issue? If yes, please remove Adobe Reader using the cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1900820081/

If you still experiencing any issue, please create a test user profile with full admin rights and install Adobe Reader and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand,

Can you tell me how to create a new profile with admin rights? Maybe I need to have full admin rights for the download to work.

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now managed to download so problem sorted. thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future.

Thanks for your time and patience thus far.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No links work on this, clean up the trash please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TKs. so much.Finally worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have done everything and cannot download Reader. The fpt will not open ina any browser, is there anyway to get online help to fix this as I am old and computer useless. Cannot luive with .pdf files!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines