Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Won't Install - Installer Says Installed Then Disappears

New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning all,

I am trying to install Adobe Reader on my Windows 11 computer.  I have Adobe Acrobat DC installed already but I specifically want to install just Reader.

I download the file then open and run the installer.  The first time I did this, the installer added a McAfee add on (which I didn't ask for) then presented a screen showing no issues and that no previous versions were installed.  I clicked on Finish and the installer file itself disappears (I guess it deletes itself).  Issue is that when I search my computer to run Reader, it appears Reader is not in fact installed.  What gives?

Please help!!

Thanks

Chris

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

The 64-bit application is a unified application for Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC. If you have installed Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit and you purchase an Acrobat DC subscription, the Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit application will upgrade to become a fully functional Acrobat DC 64-bit application.

For more information please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/about-acrobat-reader-dc-migration-to-64-bit.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines