Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader X Silent Install

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2010 Nov 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody!

I have a program that silently installs Adobe Reader 9.4 and it works wonderfully, but when I upgrade it to install Adobe Reader X the commands I use to run it don't work properly.  I get the Windows Installer help window pop up.  Here's what I'm running for 9.4:

AdobeReaderInstallFile.exe /sAll /rs /l /msi "/qb-! /norestart ALLUSERS=1 EULA_ACCEPT=YES SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES"

Does anybody know of the proper usage to get a true silent install for 10.0?  Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

I tried AdobeRdr1000.exe /msi EULA_ACCEPT=YES /qn. That did the silent install. Does this work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2010 Nov 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do yuo want to deploy it silent in your organization, then i think you need to get the MSI installer by following this link http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/distribution.html

else if you are just installing it in your computer why dont you follow the http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried AdobeRdr1000.exe /msi EULA_ACCEPT=YES /qn. That did the silent install. Does this work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!    That works perfectly.  Thank you!  Strange how the command is smaller and so simple now

And also AXrocks, yes, I am doing this on an enterprise level or so.  Custom installers to be used on multiple machines.  A "pick and choose" what you need tool pretty much.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Command Line Switches for the Bootstrap  Web Installer for Reader are provided below:

/sAll Silent Mode for product
/sPB Silent Mode with Progress Bar for product
/rs Reboot Suppress
/rps Reboot Prompt Suppress
/ini "PATH" Alternative initialization file
/sl "LANG_ID" Set Language; LANG_ID - Code in decimal digits
/l Enable Error Logging.  Log file Bootstrap.log will be generated in temp directory

/msi[Command line] Parameters for MSIEXEC

AdobeReaderInstallFile.exe /sAll /rs /l /msi "/qb-! /norestart ALLUSERS=1 EULA_ACCEPT=YES SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES"

This command line has parameters for both silent install (/sAll) as well as progress bar mode (/qb) which is useless. Also /rs and /norestart work the same way supressing the reboot.

SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES can also be removed as the checkbox for suppressing the application launch after install has been removed from the installer.

Moreover the quotes are not being recognised by the MSI Installer causing it to launch help window pop up.

So the command that can be used for silent install and suppressing EULA is:

AdbeRdr_1000_en_US.exe /sAll /msi /norestart ALLUSERS=1 EULA_ACCEPT=YES

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2011 Jun 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Kesselju,

If you haven't resolved this issue yet, may I ask what operating system are you using? Are you able to install Adobe Reader 5.1 on on a different OS, attempt upgrading and replicate the issue?

Regards,

Lewis

c class ip hosting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had to set the EULA to "YES" in order for this to work for me, added it in my blog

http://appman.tech/silent-install-adobe-reader-11-msi-and-exe-disable-update/

start /wait msiexec /i "%~dp0AcroRead.msi" EULA_ACCEPT=YES TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst" /Update "%~dp0AdbeRdrUpd11010.msp" /qn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines