• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stays open after quick print

Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon,

we have a user who is having a minor but very annoying issue. The user uses Outlook all day receiving invoices etc. The user has had the issue now where when they right click and quick print on a PDF attachment. Adobe reader stays open and they have to manually close it to be able to open the next one.

This is the only user out of about 175 users who is having the issue and has been having it for sometime. The users operate on a windows 2012 r2 RDP environment. I have scoured but unable to find a solution to this other than to do a register change which if possible I want to avoid. any help would be very much appreciated, as this is rather frustrating for the user.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jasons30368478,

Could you please confirm what is the version of the Adobe Reader that he has installed on computer? or has he tried installing the latest update of the application?

If not, then-

Please open Acrobat or Reader DC and visit Help > Check for updates to make sure you are on the latest patch.

And if he already has the latest patch installed, then please try the steps mentioned below (as workaround)

• Right click on the task bar and open Task manager
  • Under processes> select all the Adobe (Reader) processes and End task

Sometimes application get stuck and runs at the background, even if you close it or reboot the computer.

• Try to print the document again and check if Reader get stuck again.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have just used PowerShell to get the version number of the executable 15.20.20042.205528. This is the same version number for all of our users. Force closing application doesn't work, next time the user quick prints on a PDF document. The Document opens up and then prints however Acrobat is still open. Acrobat seems to get stuck on the main menu. IE when you open up a few tabs and close them you can see what has recently been open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just sent a email to the requested email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this since I provided you with the details you requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

Iam still waiting on a response so say this has been looked at. It was requested in a private message that I provide you with some more details which I have done. However I still haven't had a reply. Please can somebody give me a update on this!!!

this question was raised over 3 months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did u have any news about this problem? i got the same problems with some customers in RDS 2012 R2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love if someone from Adobe took a look at this too.  I have no clue why it just started happening to a user (Windows 7) on both the latest Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat 11.0.20.  Quick Print in Outlook or right-click print in Explorer will leave the Adobe window minimized and open, but the next quick print will open another Adobe window that takes focus away from the user and interrupts their workflow.  The second process does quit, but it's the same with the next document, unless we manually quit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will probably get modded but... I installed Foxit Reader for the user and set it as the default and it works great.   Program stays running in taskbar but it never pops up when doing a print either from Explorer or Outlook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but it happen just today after the latest update from the 3rd of October 2018 of adobe reader DC Version 2019.008.20071

How do I stop the recent list to come up after quick printing attachments from outlook?

I print the first one, but then I go to print the second attachment regardless if in the same email or a different one, at the recent list comes up and have to close it each time, very annoying.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having this same issue! Please reply if you have found a fix for this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those that are willing to edit the registry as a solution I found this on an older thread and it has worked for me. Adobe stays open on the taskbar but it doesn't pop-up after printing. I'm using Outlook365 on Windows 7 Pro. Outlook version 16.0  When you change the DWORD value the selection should be hexidecimal. You do have to mess around with the value a little bit to get it to work for all attachments. My system got happy with 10,000 but I've seen at least 2 others that said 15,000.

From microsoft support:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
  2. Locate and then select the following registry subkey: *
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options
  3. On the Edit menu, point to New, click Key, type Attachments, and then press ENTER.
  4. Locate and then select the following registry subkey:*
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Attachments
  5. On the Edit menu, point to New, click DWORD(32-bit) Value, type FileTrackIdle, and then press ENTER.
  6. Right-click FileTrackIdle, and then click Modify.
  7. In the Value data box, type 5000, and then click OK.**
    Note
    If the issue persists, increase the value data by 1000 until you can successfully print all the PDF files.
  8. Exit Registry Editor.

* When changing the registry key you will have to change the 12.0 to your version of outlook,

You can find this by going to file->help->about Outlook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as Stef337

(I print the first one, but then I go to print the second attachment regardless if in the same email or a different one, at the recent list comes up and have to close it each time, very annoying.)

Two PC's Windows 7 64 bit with Latest windows updates.

1st PC office 2013 Pro/ email is  outlook 365  / Adobe reader DC latest updates .

2nd PC office 2013 STD/email is outlook 365 / Adobe reader DC latest updates.

I have reloaded Adobe reader DC

On office ver 15 no Attachments listed in regedit

regedit HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Options\   No Attachments listed

does someone have an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to create the Attachments folder in the registry. And FYI I still had the problem with it working on all attachments until I messed around with the DWORD value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since there is no easy solution an messing around with the registry is not an option as too many computers to deal with.

We Simply uninstalled the new version of Adobe Reader DC and reinstalled an older version and turned off auto-updates, I know its not ideal, but until Adobe fixes the issues its the easiest solution and quickest when you have hundreds of computers to deal with via GPO.

It did not matter what version of windows you were using or what version of office the print list kept coming up every time you when to print the second time.

So I will wait until the next release of Adobe DC and see if they have fixed or not.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines