• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application initialization error when installing Reader

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just tried to install adobe reader on my new HP laptop, but when I run the installer/downloader I get "application initialization error". I have seen some proposed solutions to download the installer from http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ but any combination I choose of operating system or language produces a 404 error. I can only download the installer from http://get.adobe.com/reader/. On the other hand, I have tried it on two other computers that already had adobe reader installed, I uninstalled it and when I run the installer I got the same problem... I even executed an adobe cleaner tool that I found somewhere but to no avail. I'm really stuck. Please help

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping someone can help here, too. I've tried downloading it onto my Mac using both Safari and Chrome, and keep getting this error: Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 17.39.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download it from the Microsoft store. Only from there worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks, that worked, although I am surprised that Adobe is not able to provide a working executable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same experience. Tried several downloads didn't work until I downloaded it from the Microsoft store. It worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from Japan. I am using a translator, so it may be wrong English.
I'm in the same situation since yesterday. Replace SSD of HP laptop 450G7 (CORE-i5 10210U) and newly install Windows 11
I set it up. [Application initialization error] when trying to install Adobe Acrobat Reader
occurs and cannot be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Microsoft store and download from there. That's what I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this.

The links where you can download the Acrobat and Reader installers are currently experiencing issues. As a result, when you try to access those URLs, you may encounter 401 errors, and the installers are unavailable for download. This situation affects all the workflows that rely on obtaining the Acrobat and Reader installers. Rest assured that we are actively working on resolving this problem. We apologize for any frustration this may have caused.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience so far.

The issue has been resolved now. Please try to download and install the Acrobat Reader application.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still receiving the same errors that have been marked as completed here. Issue still persists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

Please go through the correct answer marked in the similar discussion: https://adobe.ly/4cp7SVj and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines