• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ArialMT font missing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer that's on Adobe Acrobat Reader 2019.012.20040, with Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1809, and when he tries to open a certain document, he gets the following error:

"Cannot find or create the font 'ArialMT'. Some characters may not display or print correctly."

So far, the user has uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader, his computer was wiped and re-imaged with a new Windows 10 baseline, we've added the ArialMT TrueType font file to Windows 10, and he's installed the DC Font Pack (my suggestion):

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous) - For Acrobat Reader DC version 19.x

But he's still getting the error.  Are there any suggestions as to resolve his issue?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Resolved on AutoCAD LT.

Properties "DWG To PDF", "Nonstandard properties", section "Capture fonts": "Edit list fonts", check checkbox for "Arial". New printing are O.K. when we open with Adobe Reader. Older files fault "Cannot find or create the font 'ArialMT' not removed.

Problem is not Adobe Reader but other programs.

Thx to Ian_Polspoel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Hey everyone,

This issue has been persisting in our office still in 2024, but we were able to find a fix. The issue was only visible in Acrobat Reader, and was not present in Foxit Reader, Bluebeam Revu, Edge, or Chrome (did not test Acrobat Pro).  I was using Adobe Acrobat Reader v.2023.008.20533 64-bit.  See my error example attached.

The issue seems to stem from Autocad generated pdfs created on a seat of Autocad that has migrated settings from an older version of the program.   Stan5CD2's is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Edited]

Hi Steveh,

Thanks for reaching out. As described above the user is getting the error "Cannot find or create the font 'ArialMT'. Some characters may not display or print correctly." is this a behaviour with a particular file or with any PDF file the user tries to open?

Please make sure that the latest version 19.12.20040 is installed on the computer of the user. you may also refer to the link - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html and check if that helps.

[Email Removed by Moderator]

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The customer is running the latest version (2019.012.20040), and states that the files he's having trouble with were created in Microsoft PowerPoint or Altium. I'm able to share one of the documents. By the way, I'm unable to reproduce the error on my PCs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steveh,

We tried to reproduce the issue at our end and it working fine. 

Please try the following preference settings and check if that works for you
Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display  >  Select Use local Fonts >  click OK , restart the application 

clipboard_image_0.png

You may also ask the user to repair the installation (For windows only) Go to Help > Repair Installation.

Let us know if that works for you

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent this to the user and am awaiting results. On mine, "Use local fonts" is checked by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the information for that font was not embedded. They need to do that when creating the pdf to assure it will all be transferred into the pdf file. The one thing that "may" be an issue is the MT font. That is owned by Microsoft and it may not allow embedding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the user reports that it's happening at random:

"FYI, the error occurs only when I power up the laptop and open the file for the first time. After the error goes away (randomly), I can open the file without the error message popping up."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue when reviewing the PDF file while using Adobe Pro DC and checked that all the above mentioned steps have been taken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

i have the same problem and my reader is the latest. The strange thing is, that ArialMT is not used in my document at all (autocad-drawing). To make it more strange: ArialMT is installed on my computer and i have the option "Use local fonts" checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try to open a different file and check.

Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please share the file with us for testing so we can check it at our end?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

I see this behavior with pdfs that are generated in autocad, but not consistently. I have several texts that are defined the very same way (copied) and partly correctly displayed and partly not.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this thread.  I have the same problem so I'll be watching to see the result.

I have a blueprint that won't display the ArialMT font.  It's necessary for me as the specifications for the job are in there.  I have no problem sending you the page.

Thanks.

Please respond to [Email removed by Mod] as I don't know if I would get notified of a response here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have yall figured this out? I am having the same problem. We just recently switched our computers to Windows 10 and now it will not work for me. Prior to the new computers, we were on Windows 7 and this did not happen.

If I open the PDF (autocad drawing) with Bluebeam, I do not have this issue. This verifies that i have the font installed on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response.

A new version of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC is now available version 20.12.20041. Please update the application from the Help menu > Check for updates. and see if that works for you.

For ore information about the new version available please take a look at the help page https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point updating the application to the newest version has no impact.

Old version, new version have the same behavior, can we have some solution beside "Use local fonts"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We have released a new optional update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC version 20.12.20043 addressing this issue. Please try to update the application to the new version from the help menu go to check for updates.

For more information about the new update please take a look at the help page https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe team,

I get my Adobe Reader DC updated and the issue is still here, annoying too much.

Also be noted that I have installed ArialMT font and checked Use Local Font option.

Rgds,

Thang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am sorry for the delay in response. As described you are using the latest version of the application and still getting this issue.

Please share the sample PDF file so that we can try to reproduce the error on our end and isolate it for a solution. Please upload the file to the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ generate the link and share it with us for testing.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the AutoCAD users when you publish in PDF go into PDF Publish Options (in AutoCAD) and select the capture fonts used in the drawing. This resolves the problem because then it includes all the info that Adobe needs to recognise the font.

Hope this helps

Annotation 2020-08-31 101536.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up.  I will not be using Adobe digital anymore.  I will be getting rid of my kobo, something else for the dump.I found your help was not very helpful.   And the chat line informer just kept putting me on to someone else.I know this is a young persons world but there are .still some of us older people who do enjoy some of the young persons toysPat Robertson Not the happy customerSent from my Galaxy Tab® E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC3 'DWGtoPDF' is standard with 'capture fonts used in the drawing' and in this case it doesn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ian_Polspoel!

Your method worked for me. I just needed to close Adobe Acrobat, untick the "Capture fonts used in the drawing" check box and tick again to trigger it to save to PC3 (Printer Configuration File). So no more error message and I finally got the symbol to print and not just a dot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry forgot to mention, I'm using AUTOCAD Plant3D 2021. Built on R.47.0.0

And the symbol I was trying to get printed/plotted is the "greater than or equal to" symbol (≥)

It gets replaced with a dot when plotted to pdf, and that error message pops-up when opening the pdf file

Finally, got it fixed thanks to this thread.

(Not sure if this is important, just thought of sharing this bit of info)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro Continuous Release V. 2022.003.20310

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

We are now 1 year later and I have the same problem.

Is this issue resolved if yes, how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines