• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ArialMT font missing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer that's on Adobe Acrobat Reader 2019.012.20040, with Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1809, and when he tries to open a certain document, he gets the following error:

"Cannot find or create the font 'ArialMT'. Some characters may not display or print correctly."

So far, the user has uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader, his computer was wiped and re-imaged with a new Windows 10 baseline, we've added the ArialMT TrueType font file to Windows 10, and he's installed the DC Font Pack (my suggestion):

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous) - For Acrobat Reader DC version 19.x

But he's still getting the error.  Are there any suggestions as to resolve his issue?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Resolved on AutoCAD LT.

Properties "DWG To PDF", "Nonstandard properties", section "Capture fonts": "Edit list fonts", check checkbox for "Arial". New printing are O.K. when we open with Adobe Reader. Older files fault "Cannot find or create the font 'ArialMT' not removed.

Problem is not Adobe Reader but other programs.

Thx to Ian_Polspoel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Hey everyone,

This issue has been persisting in our office still in 2024, but we were able to find a fix. The issue was only visible in Acrobat Reader, and was not present in Foxit Reader, Bluebeam Revu, Edge, or Chrome (did not test Acrobat Pro).  I was using Adobe Acrobat Reader v.2023.008.20533 64-bit.  See my error example attached.

The issue seems to stem from Autocad generated pdfs created on a seat of Autocad that has migrated settings from an older version of the program.   Stan5CD2's is

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved on AutoCAD LT.

Properties "DWG To PDF", "Nonstandard properties", section "Capture fonts": "Edit list fonts", check checkbox for "Arial". New printing are O.K. when we open with Adobe Reader. Older files fault "Cannot find or create the font 'ArialMT' not removed.

Problem is not Adobe Reader but other programs.

Thx to Ian_Polspoel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the correct answer and the problem DOES lie with Adobe Reader.  And it is now Feb 26, 2023.  I opened one PDF file sent to me in email and receieved the missing Arial MT font message.  Now, PDF files that I created in Word, that previously opened just fine, are now displaying the same error message about missing ArialMF fonts.  I rebooted and the problem went away.  Adobe needs to fix this problem.

Windows 11 Home edition, 

StrongEagle_0-1677437771455.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Adobe Reader
Go to Edit/Preferences/Internet
Uncheck "Display in Read Mode by Default"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you default7eitziodgdm!  That solved the problem immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem as well.  I am using Microsoft Word to create PDFs.  I've been doing this for years, but when I upgraded to a new computer at the end of 2020, I started getting this error message.  I'm not desperate for a solution because everything seems to work, but it is annoying.  The files typically only use the SegoeUI font, but I still get the ArialMT message: Cannot find or create the font 'ArialMT'. Some characters may not display or print correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how are you “using Microsoft Word to create PDFs” – Microsoft's built-in “save as” specifying PDF as the file type, Acrobat's Save as Adobe PDF, something else?

Without a sample file (you can attach one here), we have no way of diagnosing what you are seeing.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Attachments sent to me wont open, say ARIALMT font is missing. I dont know what they used to create the PDF. This is so annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three years later, same problem. New computer, new install. File from Bluebeam.

Tried to repair and local fonts checked by default. Tried the open in read mode, no change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version goto Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20085 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, if it's an issue with a particular file, please share the file with us for testing https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied the text, then pasted it into notepad. It displays the correct information. It's a pain, but it works compared to all the non-working answers here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to get back to this topic. I did see that it was "resolved" via AutoCAD, but cannot be the final correct answer here. I receive these files by others and am not the original creator of this work. There needs to be a correction from the Adobe side so that these can be read and used either way. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and the program is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultk9zzsp769km5 

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps you are doing and the sample PDF file so that we can check it at our end? https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file attached shows what occurs when "ArialMT" error is displayed. Discussing with my producers of this document, they don't use that font when working in AutoDesk. I am unsure why this error appears from time to time on random deliverables I have received and the error is not easily reproduce with new work. If I ask the same producer to provide me a new assignment and similar in nature, its possible it may not have the error in the next submittal.

I do feel Adobe is lacking on this one. I open this same file with Bluebeam Revu and experience no performance issues or errors of the like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This looks like an old problem that still exists. I get the same error with ArialMT that is missing. Must be something in Adobe, are using Adobe Reader 2022.003.20282 with no updates available.

So when will this be solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Thomas274687321l4i 

We are sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Would you mind sharing the PDF file in question so that we can check it on our end?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Here it is, I've also added snapshots of how the pdf looks when opened in AdobeReader and PdfXChange so that you can compare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Thomas274687321l4i 

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the PDF file. Acrobat Reader is a freeware application with limited functions.

The issue got fixed as below:

1. Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Pro

2. Go to Tools > Print Production > Preflight

3. Click on Fixups > Select Embedd Fonts > Click Fix as shown in the screenshot below:

Amal_0-1670501135647.png

4. Save the file with a new name.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply @Amal. 

But it does not solve our problem since we are not using Adobe Acrobat Pro, or even Adobe Reader as our default pdf-reader either.

It's the client of ours who are using Adobe Reader and they are complaining, so to ask them to do what you suggested is not an option.

But maybe we can ask them to stop using Adobe since you don't solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amal. 

The dots that shows in Adobe Reader is in texts with Å Ä and Ö. Allt texts without those letters looks as they should. If I replace Å Ä and Ö with A and O the texts shows as they should. But then I get the same error as before but it's about ArialNarrow-font instead. So I changed all texts with Arial-fonts to Isocpeur just to see what happends, but then the dots shows for all texts with Å Ä and Ö in even if they are in Isocpeur.

So I guess this is a much larger issue than just with "ArialMT font missing".

Or what do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a professional user perspective this is a very serious issue and needs to be corrected immediately (which I do not see happening here).  dropped text is a potential disaster in a Construction Document, and the randomness of this error is unpredictable and hard to detect in a multipage file with many lines of text.

That said.... we have two work-arounds we have been doing....

1.  save your PDF to JPG(s) and then convert and re-assemble the pdf to get rid of the fonts.

2.  Seems to happen consistently with arial font that has been kerned (expanded or condensed)  AUTOCAD dimstyle may automatically have condensed settings in the DIMSTYLE.  remove those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Thomas274687321l4i 

Sory for the delayed response. I have checked the file that you have shared and it is created via Autocad application. Please try to create the PDF via Adobe Acrobat application and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amal. 

Of course it is created in AutoCAD, it is pdf:s from AutoCAD that has this issue.

And as I've mentioned before, we don't use Adobe Acrobat or even Adobe Reader. So WE  don't see or have the issue when we open the pdf:s in our office since we use PDfXChange. But the CLIENTS who are using Adobe Reader have this issue when opening our pdf:s in their office. For them it's a MAJOR ISSUE and it is Adobe that HAS TO SOLVE THIS so our clients sees the same in Adobe Reader as we see in PDfXChange! And it has to be solved NOW!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Thomas274687321l4i 

We are sorry for the trouble. As the PDF is being generated using third-party application PDFXchange, the format and the PDF standard do not match the one required by Adobe Acrobat/Reader application. The fonts are not embedded properly and Adobe Acrobat application is unable to read them properly. There isn't much that we can do in this situation.

Hope this information will help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

That puts us in a position of having to recommend to clients to use a
different PDF reader.
Is that what you really want?

Only Acrobat and Acrobat Reader show this error. It shows correctly in
competing PDF readers.
*So IT IS an ADOBE issue.*
*That needs to be fixed*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal, this problems also appears in using Word. Please find a general solution!

Regards,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines