• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto fill from previous text typed

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to fill and sign a PDF form that I created.  I use this same form for about 80 clients and quite a bit of the text I type is similar from file to file.  It use to remember previous text I'd typed and prompt me with a drop down list of text that I could select for an autofill.  Now it's not doing that.  How can I get this feature reactivated?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Edit - Preferences - Forms, change Auto-Complete from Off to one of the other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit - Preferences - Forms, change Auto-Complete from Off to one of the other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  Quite a time saver!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help, Auto Complete stopped working!! I have been using Auto-Complete for years and it stopped working yesterday.  Yes I have already done Edit - Preferences - Forms, change Auto-Complete from Off to one of the other options. It was already set on Basic but Auto-Complete is still not working.  I tried Advanced and it doesnt work either. This just started and all of my usual standard stored information is gone.  This is REALLY causing me problems, I use Auto-Complete multiple times a day and now I have to repeatedly type everything from scratch, it's not saving anything at all, not even my name.  Help!!  This started yesterday 9/24/21, I'm running Windows 10 and standard Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any other options that would cause my Auto-Complete to stop working?  I have Auto-Complete set to Basic (tried Advanced too) but it simply stopped working yesterday.  This is the main reason for me using Adobe Reader and now it's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find an answer?  I can't get it to work either.  Makes everything take so much longer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, mine just suddenly started working again without any changes having been done to it or my documents. Adobe's technical support was USELESS on this issue. All they ever did, repeatedly, was refer me to this forum.  I had another issue that Adobe never helped on too.  If I had a choice I'd stop using all my Adobe products due to their terrible lack of post-sales support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My stopped working as well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone get an answer to this?  Both mine and my coworkers stopped working this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me.  Tried the Edit preferrences tip.  It was already set to allow it to auto fill.  Quite frustrating.  This happened twice.  Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started working again and was fine for several weeks. Then yesterday fill and sign stopped working again and none of my saved words would show up. I've been using it for years and have taught others how to use it so I'm no newbie, fill and sign just sporadically stops working!  Come on Adobe, fix your product!!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup!  Me too.  Started working again a few weeks ago and now stopped!  Frustrating.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the Preferences thing and it seemed to work, then seemed to stop.

I just went back in and Unchecked "Remember Numerical Data" and it seems to be working now for text, but not numbers.

May decide to reinstall and see if that helps.

Jessica27193523f2di_0-1670891153464.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using adobe acrobat when I edit the document then auto type this character ~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Kindly guide

IMG-20230919-WA0051.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines