• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically "Open When Done" in Adobe

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Chrome to download my daily newspaper.  The download shows progress.  In the progress box, I must select "open when done" every time I download.  Is there a way to make the selection permanent?  

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Thank you, All, for your suggestions.  Some how my newspaper now opens automatically!  I don't know what I did to fix the problem, maybe Chrome had an update.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This selection is entirely inside Chrome; Acrobat Reader doesn't get involved until Chrome decides to open it. You can check if there is Always Open on a pulldown menu in Downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no menu in Chome's Downloads that I can find.  I am using Chrome Version 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try "Always open in system viewer"

TestScreenName_0-1641160881239.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked for that.  It is not an option in my version of Adobe Reader DC.  It say my version is up to date.  Which version has that option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You download with your browser, not Acrobat.  😉

Once it downloads you open the file in Acrobat.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, this choice is NOTHING TO DO WITH READER. The choice is made in Chrome. My screen shot show Chrome after a download. What do You see in Chrome (fixed typo), if you click on the triangle next to a PDF in the download bar? Of course you must first download a PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nanay and Test.  I am downloading from Chrome.  I select this "Download Complete Edition" from the website.    https://tampabaytimes-fl.newsmemory.com/   Then a progress bar open in the bottom.  There is a dropdown arrow.  It looks very similar to your screenshot above except it does not have the option to "Always open...".  What version of Chrome are you using?  I have to select the "Open when done" each time which is annoying.  I asked in the Chrome Community.  No one has answered me.

HeidiMT_0-1641209217103.png

HeidiMT_1-1641209500139.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, sorryfor the typo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post a question you always need to tell the program you are using
There are MANY programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HeidiMT_0-1641158125123.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Creative Cloud Services to Acrobat Reader.]

The onboard PDF viewers in browsers are notoriously bad.  For best results, make Acrobat your default PDF viewer from your computer's operating system settings.   If you don't now how to associate files with apps from your OS,  Google is your friend.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my default for reading pdf documents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, All, for your suggestions.  Some how my newspaper now opens automatically!  I don't know what I did to fix the problem, maybe Chrome had an update.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for helpful information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines