Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autostart function when computer starts up

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon.

I have a user that uses a pdf to display ads on their computer screen that is on an intel nuc device that is connected directly to a Television set.  The PDF is set that when in full screen mode it plays through the various pages showing their offerings.

Power is unstable at the site and a UPS is not available to use due to the nature of where the Television is situated.

The intel nuc is running windows 10.  I want to know if anyone has a script or similar system that they are running that allows the windows environment to, when the computer restarts, automatically open the pdf file that contains all the images and open it in fullscreen mode and start displaying images.

Currently we get called everytime there is a power dip and we need to connect to the computer and manually open adobe pdf with the pdf image file and start the full screen ourselves.

Thank you in advanced

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

To do that open the PDF file in Acrobat, go to File - Properties - Initial View and tick the "Open in Full Screen mode" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place the file (or a shortcut to it) in the Startup folder of the Start Menu, or under:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  his gets me to a point where the PDF opens automatically but unfortunately I also need it to automatically open in full screen mode as at the moment when the machine restarts it opens the first page and that's as far as it gets so it does not cycle through the rest of the pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do that open the PDF file in Acrobat, go to File - Properties - Initial View and tick the "Open in Full Screen mode" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Does this apply to the PRO version of Adobe Acrobat Reader only as on the Properties panel on the PDF FIle there is no Initial View Tab that I can change anything in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you must have Adobe Acrobat Pro or Standard to do that. You can't do it in the free Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the assistance.  The client will look at purchasing the adobe software but now that I know what to look for I'm sure that I will come right.

Thank you once again for your assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines