• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue Box Outline appears when using Find Functionality

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many a time when we search for a word in a PDF, Acrobat/Reader highlights the word, but the selection size is extremely small in size which makes it difficult to find where the highlight was done. For such cases, Acrobat/Reader has a feature known as “Halo affect”. If the text selection size is below a threshold, a blue rectangle is drawn with the selection in the centre. This makes it easy for the user to find the highlighted text. See snapshot below showing how the halo rectangle looks like.

The halo rectangle works as a zoom-in function. Clicking inside the rectangle will zoom-in with the selected text in the center. Also, if the PDF is "zoomed in" so that the text selection size increases beyond the threshold, the halo rectangle automatically disappears.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I turn this off? I am getting a strikethrough of the searched term and the annoying blue box. I want the word highlighted and no box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't found a way to turn it off completely but it sounds like the box is programmed to show up when the font size drops below a certain threshold.  If I increase the magnification of the page, the box disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a setting to turn this on or off as desired.  I would like to turn it on at all times.  So of the other replies would like to turn it off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us turn this off. As helpful as it is to zoom in like this, if I need to select text that is outside the zoomed-in area, it is a pain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I can't search correctly anymore. It started doing this for no reason one day without changing anything in my settings..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This blue box (Find) is VERY annoying - how to remove? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines