• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not install a Third party Plug-In Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open a secured PDF from TechStreet.  It requires Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and a PlugIn.  I am a Mac user.  I have worked with TechStreet and they have walked me through everything.  Unfortunately, I go to Preferences, General, Application Start Up and unclick the certified plug-in as required, but it continues to state that the certified mode is still on even though the it is clearly not checked.  At this point TechStreet informed me to contact Adobe.  I receive the following message every time I try to install: 

“FileOpenInstaller-B987.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. 

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

I've shut down adobe.  Restarted.  

I've shut down the computer and restarted.  Nothing seems to work.  Can you help?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" go to Preferences, General, Application Start Up and unclick the certified plug-in as required, but it continues to state that the certified mode is still on even though the it is clearly not checked"  This is confusing. It's just telling you that the option is off BUT no plug-ins are found. 

But I don't follow - you say you can't install FileOpen, yet you are saying Reader is at fault? Please fill us in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not saying you're at fault.  TechStreet the vendor whom I worked with for over an hour said that it was on your end.  Sorry if I insulted you.  This is the same answer I have found across your boards.  I will contact someone else for help.  Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offence taken. I'm just trying to understand your question, because there seem to be two contradictory problems; one where you can't install the plugin, and one where you've installed it but it doesn't show up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for asking this question Sonja. I have the same problem (as a Mac User). I've been using a Mac for a decade plus, and AS/NZS and ISO standards for a similar timeframe.

It's silly compatability problems like this that make the average user dislike both Mac and proprietary standards (with their encryption, DRM etc). Adobe - unfortunately I group you in this duo (now trio) of annoyance as the ISO/IEC standards world has chosen you as a preferred displayer and printer of their standards.

Meanwhile, other standards, PCs, and document publishing/display platforms are making an effort to more accessible across as many platforms as the user desires. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

....Apple has a solution here, which works as it brings up a bypass option that you otherwise won't see: https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mac-help/mchleab3a043/mac

1. In the Finder on your Mac, locate the app you want to open.

Don’t use Launchpad to locate the app

2. Control-click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu.

3. Click Open.

The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it at any time by double-clicking it, just as you do with any registered app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines