• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not open encrypted PDF on Apple MacBook Pro M2 Max

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an encrypted PDF that I can not open on a Mac with an M2 processor. I always get the message: "The password is incorrect. Please make sure that Caps Lock is not on by mistake, and try again". On an older Mac with Intel processor I can open the PDF with the password.

I have copied the password to ensure that the passwort is correct. 

Unfortunately I can't share the encrypted file because it is encrypted for a reason.

Arobat Reader infromations:

Architecture: arm64

Processor: Apple M2 Max

Build: 22.3.20314.0

AGM: 7.0.2

CoolType: 8.1.1

JP2K: 4.0.0.52132

TOPICS
Mac , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael2817717602w1,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please let us know if you are using the correct password. It seems weird that it opens on one machine and not on another.

Would you mind sharing the screen recording of what happens at your end?

Did you check if this issue occurs with other files?

Thanks,

Meenakshi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the password is the correct one. I have several encrypted files that I cannot open on the new mac Book. I can open them on the old mac Book. I commuted a hash over the files and over my password. On both systems the hash values are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open the PDF files on the new MacBook with the Preview program. However, I can't see the attachments of the encrypted PDF file in Preview. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found a workaround that works. I decode the pdf with Qpdf. Then I can open the pdf with Acrobat Reader and see the attachments.

However, the problem remains that Acrobat Reader cannot open the file on the Mac with an M2 processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines