• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not using self signature in Acrobat Reader 2023.001.20064 Windows

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When put a self Signature to a PDF document I'am not able to move, resize or delete the image

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Hi @Christoph28905827cys4 @Patrick255875276kim 

Hope you are doing well.

The new version of Adobe Acrobat (23.01.20143) is now available. Please try to update the application from the Help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works for you.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Christoph28905827cys4 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

As you are on the recent application version, please try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have try to using repair, did not help.

I try to reinstall, did not help.

I have install the Reader on another PC where the Reader was never bin installed, same thing.

I can put the signatore on the PDF but then not able to resize the signature, move it or delete it.

I'am using Win10 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the direct link https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

unfortunately that way did not help. Same problem as before.

Regards
Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue as are multiple people in my office.
I think this is a problem with the latest update, which won't be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the same version.
Is there a way to roll-back to a previous version of adobe acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Christoph28905827cys4 @Patrick255875276kim 

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists. Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud, generate the link, and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amal. ,

i have a notice. This problem only consists, when the PDF is a form and i put the signutre anywhere on it. There is no field on the form for signuteres. When i use a PDF without form fields it works correct.

Perhaps @Patrick255875276kim can confirm this behavior ?

Regards

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can confirm that is my problem as well.
We are using an action wizard to apply text to the document, then have staff sign it.

I'm applying text using javascript ("this.addField", "this.getField("dateText").value =", etc.)
Then staff use the 'Sign Yourself' function to apply their signature.

If I move the 'Sign Yourself' step in the action wizard to above the javascript, the functionality works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My temporary solution is to flattern the Form-PDF and then use the function to put the signature on it.

It's a bit of a hassle but works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I have update to 23.001.20093.0 but the problem is still relevant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind sharing the requested logs as described earlier so that we can isolate the issue for the fix.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amal. 

I hope I have done it correct.

I have put the logfiles to a zip-file that you can download from: OneDrive 

Regards
Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs. I have shared them with the engineering team for review, will share the update as soon as we get any information.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Christoph28905827cys4 @Patrick255875276kim 

Hope you are doing well.

The new version of Adobe Acrobat (23.01.20143) is now available. Please try to update the application from the Help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works for you.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines