Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't move around in a 3D pdf in Reader XI

New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That says it all.

I have complete functionality in Acrobat pro but in reader it's stuck...

Problem is I want to send models to clients but they're useless if they can't move around.

Anybody have this problem before??

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That says it all.

Hardly... What do you mean by "move around"? What happens when you attempt to do so, exactly?
Also, what's your OS and exact versions of Reader and Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader Version is XI...11.0.20

Acrobat Pro is 8 (I have no problem with Pro)

"Nothing happens"

when I click "ROTATE, SPIN, or PAN"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I wasn't clear, my biggest concern is that this is something that happens with Acrobat Reader..

I invested in the tech. to create 3D.pdf's so I can share models with clients in a simple format that everyone has.

So far I've sent it to one client and he says he doesn't see anything when he opens it.

When I tried to replicate his problem on my workstation I can see the model but I can't move around (rotate, spin, pan) in the model.

I guess my real question is, has anyone else had issues with Reader and is there a "known" issue??

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The version of Acrobat Pro you are using to convert your data to 3D PDF is quite old.

Tetra4D is the exclusive provider for Adobe for the native 3D PDF technology. You can run a quick trial with our Converter plugin and see if you have the same results. You need a copy of Acrobat XI/DC Pro to run the plugin. A trial for Acrobat Pro is also provided.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, or happy to test a conversion on your behalf without having to go through the whole trial process.

Thanks,

Jordan@tetra4d.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines