Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't print from Adobe Acrobat Reader DC in Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

it is since some time already when I can't print anything from Adobe Acrobat Reader DC anymore. I am able to print from all other programs (Excel, Word, email etc.).

I have Samsung SCX-3205 laser printer connected with a cable to a HP EliteBook laptop running on Windows 10 Enterprise and using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, version 2018.011.20040. I searched this forum and some others as well, but did not find any solution for the issue so far.

When I want to print any .pdf document it throws back "The document could not be printed" message. When I hit OK, it shows another one "An error occurred while printing the document".

Can anyone help fixing it? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Hi Anand,

I tried what you suggested, but it didn't help. But then I've reviewed all printing settings again and have changed double-sided printing to single sided, printing odd pages first and then even pages and that worked. Seems there's some problem with double-sided printing. So probably the solution is to print only single sided.

But still wondering why it had worked for several years, but suddenly it doesn't. Maybe software has been "improved" so much that it was screwed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Swordfish,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, try printing the PDF as Image and see if this brings any difference Print PDF as image | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Reset the Adobe Reader's preferences once and reboot the machine, to reset the Preferences, refer to the steps from the article How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Navigate to Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>Disable Enable protected mode at startup>Click OK. Close Adobe Reader and try printing the PDF again.

Make sure that you have the latest version of Printer driver/firmware installed.

You may also refer to Adobe article Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

If the issue still persists, please create a test user profile with full admin rights and try printing.

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Print as Image option is disabled. I can't use it.

Swordfish76

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Swordfish,

Make sure that the "Print in grayscale" option is unchecked in the Print dialog box. Then try printing the PDF as an image. Also, try the suggestions shared above and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

I tried what you suggested, but it didn't help. But then I've reviewed all printing settings again and have changed double-sided printing to single sided, printing odd pages first and then even pages and that worked. Seems there's some problem with double-sided printing. So probably the solution is to print only single sided.

But still wondering why it had worked for several years, but suddenly it doesn't. Maybe software has been "improved" so much that it was screwed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Swordfish,

Glad to hear that it's working now and you are back on track, nice job troubleshooting that.

The feature of the double-side  printing is a feature of the printer if the printer has this feature, then Acrobat/Reader will be able to print the pdf  double-sided.

We will highly appreciate your input to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features using the URL Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your instructions fixed my problem instantly, thank you so much!!:) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These were the ones that I followed:) Thank you again AnandSri!:) 

Navigate to Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>Disable Enable protected mode at startup>Click OK. Close Adobe Reader and try printing the PDF again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anand

Changing Adobe Preferences worked for me, many thanks!

Nikki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After looking in the Printer Preferences I found a setting called "Advanced Printing Features" Printing worked after disabling that feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goto Edit Menue 

> Preferences

> Security (Enhanced)

> Uncheck Enable Protected Mode at Startup

> Ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Naelhsh! I've tried many things over the last 2 months but, as for many other people above, nothing worked. Your clear, short and straightforward  instruction  finally solved my problem....and most likely saved my laptop too from getting smashed into pieces with a hammer  🙂 , so, at the end of the day, my pocket is the happiest! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Naelhsh! I've tried many things over the last 2 months to get the .pdf printing working again after an update on Windows 10, but as for many other people above, nothing worked. Your clear, short and straightforward  instruction  finally solved my problem....and most likely saved my laptop too from getting smashed into pieces with a hammer  

GaDeGyo_0-1630816493559.png

so, at the end of the day, my pocket is the happiest! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines