Exit

can't save PDF from Internet Explorer embedded Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2010 Mar 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our clients use an application to digitally distribute and

approve incoming invoices.  The scanned invoices (PDF's) are

visualised in the webbased application by using the embedded Adober Reader 9.0 in Internet Explorer 8.0.

While there is no problem printing PDF's, on some pc's it is impossible to save a PDF.  When you click on the save icon, nothing happens.

This issue has been resolved on some pc's by reinstalling Adobe Reader, but not on others.

Does anyone know what causes this problem and how it can be resolved?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: I had the same issue(Couldn't Save PDF Files) with Explorer 9, Adobe 9.4 and Windows 7

I fixed it by using internet options, security, Trusted Sites, turning off protection mode and entering the site as trusted. The issue is different in Chrome but it is a setting in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kudos to AL the MN Realtor!!! I was frustrated by the exact issues of being unable to save plus being unable to access the properties on my network printer using the embedded Adobe with Explorer 9, Adobe Reader 9.4 in Windows 7 64bit. I did as mentioned above adding the siteI was having troubles with to the trusted sites list and Voila!! works like a charm! Two thumbs up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pick up this thread because I have the same problem of inactive floating toolbar, also the inactive menubar at the top of the embeded Adobe Reader-X's window.

Additional symtom may be useful to diagnosis --- Outside of Internet Explorer, if I open a pdf file, the Adobe Reader X gives blurry fonts - but this burry font behaviour does not happen to the embeded window inside the IE9.

I tried to search a solution all over the places but am very disappointed. My system is a brandnew Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit.

Your help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2012 Jan 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some one helped me to identify my problem - I post it here and maybe it could be useful for someone else.

Quoted from the help:

=============================================================================

Is your Display setting set to "Make text and other items larger or smaller > Larger - 150%" (Win7: Control Panel >  Appearance and Personalization > Display > Make text and other items larger or smaller > Larger - 150%)?  If it is, then try the following:

1. Launch Reader

2. Choose Edit > Preferences > General > uncheck "Enable Protected Mode at startup"

==========================================================================

This was exactly what you expected! After I did what you suggested, it works now! My many thanks for your suggestion.

Following this, I have to change the display setting to 125%. This change solves everthing: inactive toolbars within IE9 as well as the blurry font problem of Adobe Reader outside of IE9!!!!

Do you have any further solution to the problem associated with 150% display setting? If yes, it would be my bonus - my sight reading needs larger fonts. Otherwise, I can live with the 125% setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this http://forums.adobe.com/thread/869951 and the response from me - CADITC - and hopefully it will solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right-click and select properties on the internet PDF, then change the "open with" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines