Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot add a SharePoint online site to Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have Acrobat Reader DC and we use Office 365 with SharePoint online.

When I try to add a sharepoint site through 'Home -> Add Account -> SharePoint Site', this never works.

When asked for 'my sharepoint account' I enter my company e-mail address, then I browse (in a web browser) to the SharePoint doc library I wish to add and copy/paste that URL into the URL field.

I am then asked to authenticate which works, promptly followed by the error

"Acrobat Reader: Access Denied. You might not have permission to access this network resource. Please contact the Server Administrator".

Nevertheless I am sure I have access since I can access it perfectly via web browser.

P.S.: I can add my OneDrive for Business without any issue so the authentication portion towards O365 seems to be working.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Hi steveh16366084,

Could you please try the steps suggested in the following link?

Troubleshooting SharePoint and Office 365 integration with Acrobat

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi steveh16366084,

Could you please try the steps suggested in the following link?

Troubleshooting SharePoint and Office 365 integration with Acrobat

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

Thanks for the link. Issue resolved by selecting the 'Keep me signed in' option when entering the O365 credentials.

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know it worked.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we are also experiencing the same issue as the poster below. Onedrive connects but not Sharepoint. When will Adobe fix this connection issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This more that 2 years old. De Signin process is updated by Microsoft. I have  a user with Office 365 Business, Acrobat Reader DC (19.21 version), NL. I can add a OneDrive account. I can input the SharePoint data but nothing happens. i updated Windows 10, I added the SharePoint URL to trusted sites in IE 11 and Edge. I updated Acrobat Reader DC. There is no policy in place to disable SharePoint. I rebooted. I created an Adobe Account. 

The Browser signs the user in with the Windows 10 credentials. I used also a private browser to sign the user in, but then i did not get an option to stay signed in, like the troubleshooter page suggests. 

Anyone any thoughts? After searching the interweb and looking for possiblilities to try, i am running out of them.

Happy Holidays,

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here the solution we found yesterday. 

You have to change the SPO tenant settings : LegacyAuthProtocolsEnabled.

You this powershell commands: Set-SPOTenant -LegacyAuthProtocolsEnabled $TRUE

The problem seem on the side of adobe apps that are not up to date with the modern authentication. So Adobe take note, your apps do not use the SPO authentication correctly or the modern authentication.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is this an easy fix for someone without any programming knowledge? I am concerned to make a change that then messes around with out sharepoint. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same thing, but Adobe Support are not able to give me any answers on when they will introduce Support for Modern Authentication, because we can't enable Legacy Authentication on our Tenancy because this introduces security issues.

Is anyone from Adobe able to update me and let me know if there is any plan to support Adobe Acrobat to connect to SharePoint Sites over Modern Authentication, so we don't have to lower the Security in our Office 365 Tenancy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm a bit baffled by this.

We have Legagy Auth disabled via Conditional Access in our 365 tenant and only allow authentication via Modern Auth.

We have laptops and none domain joined machines which can successfully connect to a sharepoint site in Adobe but our VDI environment is unable to do so.

If Modern auth is truely an issue why is it working for us via our laptops?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One, and only one, of my users was running into this issue after dozens of others had added sharepoint as storage location with no issue.  The user added the local sharepoint sight to trusted websites and it still didn't work.  Finally I added a link to the SSL site link.  If your mapped folder path is https://local.sharepoint.com, your SSL link is \\local.sharepoint.com@SSL\ where "local" is your server name. Sorry, I'm not a IT expert, this is what I've discovered through trial and error.  Maybe someone with more expertise can expand on what I've found.  But once I entered \\local.sharepoint.com@SSL\path into trusted websites, access was granted.  Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A change in security preferences fixed it for me. See https://anakage.com/blog/access-denied-in-adobe-reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines