Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot find or create the font "Arial-BoldMT"

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

one of our users gets this message in many documents and thus she is missing almost complete pages in some .pdf documents.

Since it is just one user (other users with the exact same version can open it without a problem) I doubt it is a problem with the document itself.

It is also possible to open the document without any problems with pretty much any other pdf reader so the problem has to be the Adobe Reader itself.

Things I have tried to fix the issue:

Reinstall Adobe Reader

Uncheck / check the "use local fonts" option

Uncheck / check read only option

The Version used is 21.001.20142

She is working on that notebook for about a year but has just recently (1-2 weeks ago) stumbled across this problem. No new software has been installed on this machine except for Windows/Microsoft, Chrome and Firefox Updates.

I appreciate any help since she does not really want to use a different pdf reader.

Thanks in advance

Steve

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe there's a conflict with a system font or so?! A PDF often comes with the fonts embedded, such as Arial Bold, which get's a PostScript naming like "ASKNIH-ArialBold-MT" within the PDF. If the font has not been embedded or only in a faulty way so Reader can't extract it to render the PDF, it tries to find a local installed font which "might" fit. Maybe there's lies the problem. Arial is very common and there may exist multiple versions of it in the affected computer. 

Try to deactivate the usage of local fonts: Edit > Preferences > Page Display > deselect "Use Local Fonts" > Click OK and restart Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late answer, I appreciate the help.

Unfortunately, your fix is what I meant when I wrote "Uncheck / check the "use local fonts" option".

When the font would be embedded properly then there would be a problem on different/all machines, when opening the pdf with adobe wouldn't it ? Because that is not the case. It is defiently system / machine specific and not a file problem.

Is there a way to see all installed fonts on the system ? Or any other way to uninstall / install different fonts ?

By the way the error just shows "Arial-BoldMT" or "Arial-MT"so no PostScript naming as I saw in countless other posts when searching Google.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello,

There is someone in my department who has exactly the same problem as your client, precisely with the police "Aria Bold". I wish someone can find us a workable solution for this problem. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines