Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot resize or move text box or signature

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an issue with the Fill & Sign feature in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2019.010.20098 installed OS Windows 10 Home - 64-bit 32GB RAM - all updates installed.

When placing a text box, I cannot manually resize the box, nor can I drag it. Once I place the text box, its stuck. Same goes for the signature box. Once the signature is placed it cannot be resized or moved/dragged. I used to be able to do this, but no more.

The only change I can think of is that I have a new monitor which is UHD 3840x2160 resolution with 150% text scaling.

I have been searching the internet and the forum for a similar problem but have not been able to resolve it.

Any help or tips would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

I had the exact same problem and running the installation repair solved it. Thanky you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and it's not working for me, although my colleague is able to do it on her computer. For me, when I hit edit PDF, all the other items/text in the document are editable but my signature is still flattened to the page and is not an editable item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully mine doesn't start doing that. Right now, I can at least do that to adjust the signature size. I also did repair installation a few times as well.  Hopefully, another bump in here will get the attention of tech support to address this issue, because even doing it this way is a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One work around that I've found for myself is just before placing my signatue onto the document, ctrl+scroll with my mouse to zoom into the document - that adjusts the size of the document relative to my signature and then I can place it. It works but it can be a little clunky sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having the same probelm, so I tried the below steps found in the above comment. 

1.  Open PDF
  2.  Click "View"
  3.  Click "Show/Hide"
  4.  Click "Rulers and Grids
  5.  Make sure "Snap to Grid" is NOT checked

The odd thing is that "Snap to Grid" was not checked, so I checked it and now the problem is fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Patricia23687568cxfc 

Hope you are doing well.

The new version of Adobe Acrobat (23.01.20143) is now available. Please try to update the application from the Help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works for you.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Edit PDF" mode does not allow moving any of the form boxes viz., radio button, text field, etc.  Had to switch to "Prepare Form" mode to be able to move or resize certain fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.08.20555 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines