• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot sign PDF with Electronic Signature on 3 different computers. Problem started 28th of March

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Qualified Electronic Signature provided by Cencert.pl placed in USB card reader.

My system is Windows 10 pro 64 bit, fully updated.

Problem started 28th of march (yesterday) about 9.20 pm, during signing documents (via Certificatins tool)  Adobe Reader DC it stops showing to me window with filename to save. To reproduce my issue:

1. Open any pdf document

2. Choose certificates tool box

3. Choose and draw siganture box using pen tool

4. Choose Identifier form the list, and press blue Continue

5. Choose signature and press blue "Sign"

6. Enter my PIN code

7. Nothing happened - still window from point no. 5 with blue "sign" button. ("Sign as ..."). I only can close this windows pressing "back" button"

I am 3-years-experienced user using QES and had no issue till yesterday.

What I already did and not helped:

- Disabled and then uninstalled firewall (Eset Security) and reinstalled.

- Tried to connect to different network/

- Upgraded Adobre Reader to newest version.

- Downgraded Adobe Reader to 2019 enterprise version.

- Upgraded native CenCert software (called PEM-HEART).

- Removed certificate from Windows and installed again.

- I tried all those abover on different computers.

- Called helpdesk of CenCert - my QES provider.

- Checked if any other updates has been installed yesterday - none.

- Yes, I've tried to turn off and on computer.

My QES is working fine when using native software (PEM-HEART) - I can sign almost all documents via this software (except documents with forms prepared in Adobe Acrobat DC)

Helpdesk of CenCert say it is not their issue, because signature is workig fine via their software and this is Adobe related.

Does anybody know what happened with my Adobe Reader DC yesterday?

Regards,

Radek

(Sorry if some windows or button names I described different than in English version of Adobe, I am using Polish version)

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Hi,

after 3 days of research about this issuse I decided to buy new card.

I checked my old card in difeerent usb reader on another computer and the problem still existed.

My old card was 3 years old and as I was informed - older generation.

What I suppose that could happen, Adobe could stop digitally signing this old card.

I don'n know why, maybe some public keys had expired. I'm not specialized in encryption.

I am sure it is/was Adobe related, because as I mentioned in post above, I was able to use m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

after 3 days of research about this issuse I decided to buy new card.

I checked my old card in difeerent usb reader on another computer and the problem still existed.

My old card was 3 years old and as I was informed - older generation.

What I suppose that could happen, Adobe could stop digitally signing this old card.

I don'n know why, maybe some public keys had expired. I'm not specialized in encryption.

I am sure it is/was Adobe related, because as I mentioned in post above, I was able to use my card and sign documents using native signing software without any problems.

I will ask my card provider (CenCert.pl) for cash-back, because I was beeing forced to buy new one.

So, ther problem is SOLVED, but the reason is still unknown.

I hope someone with similar problem will find this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think it is certificate issue.
I have exactly the same problem for a while. I cannot use one of signatures from cencert.pl with one of my computers, but it is working fine with another one. The same document, with the same version of adobe reader, and windows 10 pro installed on both computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines