• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot uninstall Adobe Reader DC

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running windows 10.  I want to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Read DC.

I went into control panel and clicked "uninstall" and received the following message: "Error 2753 the file trust notifier.exe is not marked for installation" message. 

I have read through everyone's fixes but none of them help me because I don't have the files  or they are not where they should be. 

The filetrustnotifier.exe file is NOT in the windowsapps folder. 

"Filetrustnotifier.exe" is in "ProgramFiles(x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader D\Reader". 

Moving it to windowsapp folder obviously doesn't help. 

I don't have "Notification Manager for Adobe Acrobat" that one sight said to use to stop the error.   

I used my "ccleaner pro" program that I have but that didn't help. 

I can't reinstall Acrobat Reader DC (in hopes of fixing the problem) because it detects that I already have it installed. 

I research if I could just install fulltrustnotifier.exe but I get nothing. 

When I click on "fulltrustnotifier.exe" I get nothing. 

I went into c:\ Program Files\Windows Apps  and I do not have "Acrobat Notification Client." 

I went into Reader DC and tried updating but it said it was already up-to-date.  

I ran acrocleaner and that didn't help. It removed it from the start menu but that's it.  It's still in ProgramFiles. 

I went into control panel, clicked on Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and clicked on "change". 

Then I clicked on "repair" but that didn't help. 

Even though clicking on the program in control panel and clicking on "uninstall" gave me the error, I thought I try uninstalling by clicking on "change" and then "Remove Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from your computer" and received the following message "fatal error during installation".  

I found a website that lets you download fulltrustnotifier.exe but I can't figure out which file to download.  Not only that but they say to put it in the folder where I already have it and that isn't doing any good.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sputterbug

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to uninstall the application and getting the "Error 2753 the file trust notifier.exe is not marked for installation" message.

Please try to remove the Acrobat Reader windows installer registry keys as described  in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error-internal-error-2753-install.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to AcroCleaner — Acrobat Desktop Tools and Utilities (adobe.com) and download the AcroCleaner tool. Direct link to the 64-bit exe file is this: https://ardownload2.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/AcrobatDC/2100120135/x64/AdobeAcroCleaner_DC2021...

This tool helped me resolve the issue after unsuccessfully attempting to apply the method described here: Solved: FullTrustNotifier.exe - Adobe Community - 10266620 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines