• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use PDF tools in desktop app, only online?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am trying to combine PDFs in Reader (as I have done in the past) on my desktop app and it keeps telling me to try the 7-day trial. I can combine PDFs online through my account, but I need to have the ability to do it offline as well. Am I using the wrong app? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the wrong app. Reader has never done this. You need Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean I have to pay more to get the desktop app? I went to download Standard and it's not free to me. I don't understand since I am able to use all of the tools online and should be able to use them offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you say you "should" be able to use the tools offline? What subscription do you have?

Acrobat Reader, I repeat, has NEVER done this. I have used every version of Reader since 1.0. Perhaps at one time you had a paid version of Acrobat installed, but did not realise it (perhaps it came from your company or with a scanner etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Adobe Acrobat PDF Pack. Like I said, I can use the tools online but would like to use them on my desktop app. I have yet to find a solution. 

11BD44ED-E3EF-4182-96D3-D33E574B702C.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With this plan you can only combine PDF files online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines