Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant open adobe files

Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open Adobe live cycle designer files.  just need them in regular Adobe dc or pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are .pdf files, correct? If so, you should be able to open them just fine so maybe you can tell us how you are trying to open them? Are they saved to your computer? Are they online and you are clicking a link in a browser (if so, what browser)? What happens when you try and open them? What version of Reader do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are emailed to me - I download and "save as" to my desktop then try and open - I get a message that says - BUT I have the most updated version of adobe...I don't know what it is.  I have tried chrome, IE and firefox.  I have acrobat reader DC

"Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download. For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader. Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm sorry they are .pdf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Make sure you have saved the PDF file to your desktop from your browser. EXPECT this message in your browser.

2. Start Acrobat Reader.

3. Choose Open from the File menu in Acrobat Reader.

4. Select the file you saved to your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same message when I open Acrobat and the select the file....I've tried everything I can think of.

I am able to open almost all .pdf filed, its these particular fillable form that some are able to be opened and others are not and i get this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 3.44.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unusual. It suggests that really is what is in the file rather than a special message.

First thing to check: How did you save the file from your browser? Some people "save" by "printing to PDF" from the browser. You must not do this for this kind of file.

If you didn't do that: please use File > Properties on this file (in Reader or Acrobat) and look under the "Description" tab. You will see "Application" and "PDF producer". What does it say for these two things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

application:  adobe livecycle designer ES 9.0

producer: says the same as above....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pdf version says: 1.6 (acrobat 7.x)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines