• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change install destination folder doesn't work - Adobe Reader DC Free

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have Windows 10 Home with 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. It is a Dell Inspiron Laptop with 8GB of RAM and Intel Core i7 processor. 

I have the install file AcroRdrDC2200120085_en_US.exe to install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (the free version).

My C: Drive is full, but my D: Drive has about 900 GB available. I have two physical drives. 

So I changed the destination folder for the install to an empty folder on the D: Drive. 

The install almost finishes but then gives the following error. "Error 1307: There is not enough disk space to install the file C:\Windows\Installer\b36414.msp  Free some disk space and click Retry.  Cancel to exit"

This makes no sense. I have told it to install to an empty folder on the D: drive with over 900 GB of space. Any ideas of what is happening here? Thank you in advance. 

Edwin23557534cdlu_0-1647109009798.png

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Installing any software adds a lot of info to the Windows Installer database and folders. This is always on C. So are many other things. You NEED free space, plenty of it, and a tiny C drive is a bad joke inflicted by some PC makers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Installing any software adds a lot of info to the Windows Installer database and folders. This is always on C. So are many other things. You NEED free space, plenty of it, and a tiny C drive is a bad joke inflicted by some PC makers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines