Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changed text on the form is not displayed

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I have a problem. When editing a pdf-document (PDF form) in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, the changes are saved. However, when you open this saved form through Acrobat Reader, the changes are not visible. The source document is opened without changes.When you open a document through Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, changes are visible. With what it can be connected?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you fill the form fields with Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I edit the form using Acrobat Reader, then when I open it again, the changes are not displayed. Perhaps this is due to the fact that the document is protected by digital signature. However, when I open and edit a document through Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, the changes are visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent to the form in message.Cannot save to document number(1800000000 от 31.01.2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Reader DC I can change the text. I save and close the form. When I re-open the form I can see the changed text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send a link in private messages to the modified form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has a fix been found for this issue? I have a similar issue. I can see the edited fields in preview or if i open in a browser, but when Iopen in Adobe the fields are blank. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@claires73311432 

I know this is a rather old post but I am curious if you ever found a resolution, My issue is similar to yours. Modifcations of a pdf document do not display changes when opening with Adobe reader. Opeing the same document in Edge will display the modfiied cell values. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.  Any solution(s) to this issue?  I can fill in empty blanks on PDF forms (ie - IRS FOrm W9), but when I "import" it into Adobe, all form-fillable blanks are blank, and the data (that shows in Edge, and/or ALL OTHER PROGRAMS) is not shown in Adobe.  Basically, Adobe is worthless for fillable form PDF's?  Isn't that what it was created for?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines