Chinese Characters Displaying Invalid Character Adobe Reader DC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The below characters are not displaying properly in Adobe Reader DC

分依据:

They display like this:

Does this have to do with Adobe Reader DC not supporting Chinese Simplified characters?  I have embedded the fonts, and it does display properly in other pdf readers.

Thanks,

Stephen Flynn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

I have found the answer I needed.  It seems that font I needed "Arial Unicode MS" was missing from the client that opened the pdf.

Since my library that generated the pdf did not have options to embed the font in the pdf file I found the font would manually have to be downloaded and installed on the client opening the pdf.

It still leaves the question of what font in Chinese is natively supported in Adobe Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

There dozens of Chinese dialects but most of them are oral dialects. Character system in Chinese has two main kinds, which is Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. These kinds are supported by Adobe Reader DC. You could use 微軟正黑體 and 微软雅黑 to display. If you wanna know more about Chinese dialects like Cantonese or northern dialect, you need a Q&A about China and Chinese.

You could try Language extension package to add fonts of Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple follow up questions as well.  Which dialects of Chinese are supported by Adobe Reader DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There dozens of Chinese dialects but most of them are oral dialects. Character system in Chinese has two main kinds, which is Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. These kinds are supported by Adobe Reader DC. You could use 微軟正黑體 and 微软雅黑 to display. If you wanna know more about Chinese dialects like Cantonese or northern dialect, you need a Q&A about China and Chinese.

You could try Language extension package to add fonts of Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the answer I needed.  It seems that font I needed "Arial Unicode MS" was missing from the client that opened the pdf.

Since my library that generated the pdf did not have options to embed the font in the pdf file I found the font would manually have to be downloaded and installed on the client opening the pdf.

It still leaves the question of what font in Chinese is natively supported in Adobe Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines