• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chrome. How to save PDF from browser with out automatically opening

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I save a PDF from the Chrome browser, (by right clicking and saving as), it automatically populates in the Adobe PDF reader.  It is an extra step that I want to stop. I do not just want to download it from the browser as I would like to view it before saving it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Hi Cbarnes, 

It is an extra step that I want to stop. I do not just want to download it from the browser as I would like to view it before saving it. 

There is nothing to do with Adobe application. Its a chrome setting that you need to change accordingly or change the web browser.

Open Chrome>Settings>Advanced Settings try disabling/clearing the auto-open option in the advanced settings of Google Chrome.

For try the solution given in the similar discussion here: Automatic opening of pdf files after download

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cbarnes, 

It is an extra step that I want to stop. I do not just want to download it from the browser as I would like to view it before saving it. 

There is nothing to do with Adobe application. Its a chrome setting that you need to change accordingly or change the web browser.

Open Chrome>Settings>Advanced Settings try disabling/clearing the auto-open option in the advanced settings of Google Chrome.

For try the solution given in the similar discussion here: Automatic opening of pdf files after download

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know - 5 years later.... this is happening and I checked the settings quoted here and it was already unchecked! The download still auto-opens. The user says this is new behavior. I still can't find the trigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps and the issue occurring for more clarity?

Please share the version  of the OS and the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 24.02.20857 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs (https://adobe.ly/4cMGLCL) and Procmon logs (Win Only) (https://adobe.ly/4cMCrn5) and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines