• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clear acrobat cache (running slow)

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there I'm looking to clear the cache of the program.  not just the recent file thumbnails images

I ve been processing a lot of large files using Acrobat Pro,  mostly merging hundreds of images files into single PDF documents.

no this process is terminated, but since then the program runs incredibly slow ans freeze at every start ( but still opens at the end)
even if I clear the usual temp files from basic locations on my PC computer  I can't make it run smoothly again. couldn't find any proper solution on the internet hence my question . 

and just to make it clear it's not hardware related as my computer is completely fine and the whole suite is running smoothly otherwise.The app lags even for single simple page document and un installing the program and installing it again doesn't resolve it either

any ideas ? 

-
www.instagram.com/mugen_labz/
TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Max

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

What happens when you try to open the PDF files? Do you get any error message? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader you are using? To check the version go to Help > about Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20085 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help many (Win Only) and check

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Also, try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there and thx for long response. 

I don't get any error as the program don't crash, it just freezes for 5 to 10 secs (Acrobat do not respond, line on win 10) 
I've also noticed that this behavior is also recurring when I wander inside the program, changing page or enter edit pode for example. 

ACROBAT PRO DC 64 BIT
Version : 3033.001.20085 64BIT

File Version : 22.001.20085.0

AGM : 4.030.00116

CORE : 22.256

Ok so after deleting the preferences and then trying to repair the installation through acrobat  god crash here Second try OK but   the lagging was getting way way worse so I had to uninstall the program delete all the files and then reinstall it.

well it's getting a little bit better as it's a clean and fresh install but to be honest it's quite still laggy and I don't understand why acrobat behave like this

plus honesty I don't have the time  to make a new install every time I need to process a lot of files.

I didn't tried a new install  as an admin,  because basically I'm lazy setting up a virtual machine just for that.  but to be clear this is my personal computer and it's setup quite correctly because I use it heavily  everyday

-
www.instagram.com/mugen_labz/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the issue for a better understanding? Also please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , Procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html for further investigation.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines