Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare Adobe Reader XI and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I was searching the net, looking for some comparison documents between Reader 11 and Reader DC but so far I could only found comparison between Acrobat and Acrobat DC.

e.g :Plans and pricing: Compare versions | Adobe Acrobat DC

Could you please recommend me a site which shows the exact differences between the two products? What is exactly that DC can do and Reader XI can not?

Or is there a documentation which describe the differences?

I would like to find out what would be the best to use in the future.

Thanks in Advance!

Zoltan

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

This may also help - see the first section of the FAQ, and descriptions of how Reader DC is integrated with the Document Cloud, e-Signatures, etc:

FAQ | Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

and a bit more here:

PDF reader, PDF viewer | Acrobat Reader DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zoltan,

There not much deference except :-

• Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has a better user interface in comparison to Adobe Reader XI
  • You will no longer be able to use online Acrobat services with Adobe Reader XI, its only supported in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC now.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has a better user interface in comparison to Adobe Reader XI

That's highly debatable, as you can see from the many threads on this forum (and elsewhere) complaining about various aspects of the GUI of Reader DC.

As far as I know there are no major differences in the capabilities of both applications. The main differences are in the design of the GUI, which you might like or might not, and the access to Adobe's cloud-services.

Since it's a free application you can just install one version, test it out, then install the other one and test it out and then decide which one you prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may also help - see the first section of the FAQ, and descriptions of how Reader DC is integrated with the Document Cloud, e-Signatures, etc:

FAQ | Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

and a bit more here:

PDF reader, PDF viewer | Acrobat Reader DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't obvious for the names, but DC is the current, new version. There is no reason, if you are just starting, to start with the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro X.  Any reason to switch to Acrobat Pro Reader DC or soemthing else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The product is not called Acrobat Pro Reader DC, just Acrobat Pro DC. 

Well, the key reason is that Acrobat X no longer receives any updates. It may break on any future system change by Microsoft, and it has unfixed security issues. No business should allow such software to continue to be used.

There have been a lot of additions to Acrobat DC, but I suspect none of them are compelling if you are using X today. You will have to budget time for relearning it all, and you can't run both for an overlap.

Oh, yes, a key reason to switch is that Acrobat DC is subscription based and includes future updates. Or maybe that's a reason not to switch, your milegage may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks very much for the reply.  However, the title here is misleading.  I just tagged onto a previous post.  I'm trying to see if Acrobat Reader DC is better than Acrobat Pro X (which I currently have).  I use Geeksquad for tech support and they constantly install Reader DC when they do tuneups to my PC. I usually just uninstall it but was just curious if Reader DC or any other Adobe product provides any additional features or functions than Pro X.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader DC provide the same set of Comment tools than Acrobat Pro and it can (fill and) save any PDF form without restrictions.

Acrobat Reader X provides only 2 Comment tools and cannot (fill and) save a PDF form which is not "Reader Extended".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply.  To clarify, I use Acrobat Pro X.  I'm trying to see if Acrobat Reader DC or any other Adobe product is superior to ACrobat Pro X and why.   The Adobe website doesn't help much.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines