• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer is saving files as acrobat files instead of pdfs

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use a text program to send info at my company. An employee uploaded a pdf doc into the program from her iphone. Im using a pc.

Now i cannot save pdfs. They are all saving as acrobat documents instead of pdfs. The acrobat documents are not compatible with the software they need to go into.

I am unable to get any work done now. Ive tried everything i can find online and am at my wits end.

I just want everything to save as ps

PDfs again.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF and browsers , Share or review PDFs , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Keturah24189811hri5 wrote on April 25:

Now i cannot save pdfs. They are all saving as acrobat documents instead of pdfs.

It's not clear what your issue is. Acrobat uses .pdf as the extension. What do you mean when you say it's saving as an Acrobat document and not a PDF?

One possibility is the the file association got changed. Windows looks at the extension (in this case PDF) to determine which application to open the file with. When you and the computer disagree, you can change the file association so that files with that extension open in the application you choose.

Here's the Help page from Microsoft. There are tabs at the top to select Windows 11 or Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-default-programs-in-windows-e5d82cad-17d1-c53b-35...

I like the instructions from PC Magazine better:

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-customize-your-default-apps-in-windows-and-macos

Is this your issue? If not, please clarify.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines