• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context menu or right-click menu inside acrobat went wrong.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Acrobat Reader DC (2021.007.20099, 64 bit). The context menu in my machine (Windows 11, 22000) is changed and performing flickering several times when I right click on an opened PDF file (as shown in Pic. 1). This is a quite bad experience and this menu has a completely different style from other right-click menus, like the one for the selected contents (Pic. 2). The right-click menu is fine on other machines I have with same version of system and Acrobat Reader (Pic. 3). I have tried to reinstall and to repair the Acrobat Reader but is useless. I do not want a context menu like this and I am acquiring a solution to this problem, thank you for your attention.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pic1 shows the menu in Adobe Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have uploaded new figure below which can proof the one I am using is the Acrobat Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ntoskrnl 

Right-clicking is context-sensitive, meaning it changes depending on exactly where your mouse is positioned, which tool you are using, and if anything is selected.

Can you please post a larger version of the screen shot of the context sensitive menu that you don't like? Include the menu, toolbars at the top, and panels on the left and right. We need to see more of your screen to assess what is going on.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. By right clicking the empty area of the PDF this menu poped up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you also a installation of Adobe Acrobat on the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure that I have never installed the Adobe Acrobat on this machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. To all: I find that this problem is related to the installation of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021 (or maybe Microsoft Office 365), and this menu appeared when I install the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021.

I still want to know how to revert the origional menu that before I install the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021 (I do not want to uninstall the Office cause I need it). Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I also have Office 365 installed and keep up the updates. 

I looked at this yesterday in both Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Reader and did not come up with an answer. I also tried unsuccessfully to find the same Welcome PDF so I could look at the Security settings. Can you click the Padlock in the left-hand pane and show a screenshot of the security setting?

D55CFF53-BB8A-4043-9256-0F3F54D69454.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine. There is one more picture showing that in a normal PDF file this issue still existed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about my wrong conclusion. My issue about the context menu is non-relevent to the installation about Office. But this time I believe that I have found the reason: this is a problem caused by the add-on "Asain Language And Spelling Dictionaries Support For Adobe Acrobat Reader". When opeing a file with unsupported CJK characters, the Acrobat Reader pops up a window which reminds user to install this add-on (or font package). After install that add-on, the context menu changed. I have conformed this phenomenon on a virtual machine running clean installed Windows 11 Pro.

Firstly, install the newest version of Acrobat Reader 64 bit, and open This file, follow the instruction of Acrobat Reader to install the add-on and then the context menu will change. Note that we have to install the 64 bit version Acrobat Reader here. (This file has a 100% probability for triggering the installation of the add-on and will cause the changing of the context menu.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I started encountering this issue recently as well, but, to the best of my knowledge, I do not have any Asian Language dictionaries. This is a really annoying problem, since I'm used to using Reader by right-clicking, then pressing "n" to turn on hand mode, and other letters to switch modes quickly.. This now takes much longer.

Also, I don't think this issue is document-specific. It happens while reading documents which previously used the old menus. So it's not document specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines