• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor Errors with new update

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in the middle of pdf remediation, saved my work (as I do periodically) and then suddenly, I am now no longer able to see the rectangle to select my text while working from the reading order panel. I basically have to guess what I am selecting. Also, when I'm selecting multiple tags from the tag panel and dragging to re-order, I cannot see the line where I am trying to drag them to. It seems like some strange cursor error or bug. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and nothing seems to reset it. I'm on a Mac running the latest Big Sur iOS. (11.6) and running the latest version of Adobe Acrobat DC Pro. (2021. 007.20091)

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Hi @b_salz 

Thanks for your time and patience.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update.

Please install the latest patch from the help menu of the app>select check for updates, reboot the machine if possible, and let us know if you experience any issues.

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for reporting this to and sharing the additional information. 

To understand better, would you mind confirming the exact steps performed to select the text or page content? 

Did you use the Acrobat's selection tool to do the same or working with EnFocus Pitstop tool?

Also, have you started experiencing this issue immediately after installing the latest patch or have had this from long?

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I use Acrobat's selection tool. When I have the Reading Order window open, I can usually drag a rectangle around the text I want to select. I can still see my cursor, but the rectangle is no longer visible. This happened immediately after the automatic update to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro. I thought maybe it was an issue with my computer, but then it also happened after the update when I tried it on my laptop as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @b_salz 

Thanks for your time and patience.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update.

Please install the latest patch from the help menu of the app>select check for updates, reboot the machine if possible, and let us know if you experience any issues.

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Regards,
Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines