• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Auto-Updates for Acrobat Reader DC on Terminal Server

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently we have Acrobat Reader DC installed on a Windows 2012 R2 terminal server, and due to a recent update, are encountering an issue with the Adobe Update Service continually failing - this causes a prompt to appear for any logged in user. It appears that in recent updates to Adobe Reader that the "Updater" tab within preferences has been removed.

Attempting to disable the Update Service in Local Services does not work, and setting this to Manual or Disabled does not stick for more than 30 minutes. There is also a scheduled task for the Adobe Reader Update Service in Task Scheduler that attempts to run the Update Service everytime a user logs on - disabling this only lasts for 30 mins before it resets to enabled with its default settings.

Is there a way to disable Auto-Updates for Acrobat Reader on a terminal server?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and patience.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update

Please install the latest patch, and let us know if you experience any issues. 

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any working solution to stop updating Adobe Acrobat Reader DC???

I download the latest 32bit version and then I made all the steps to prevent auto update. But it still does. It updates to 64 bit version. I got a problem wiht that, because then my e-sing tablet does not work! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines