Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable automatic update Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm an IT technician that would try to disable the automatic update of Acrobat Reader DC due to a problem with SAP's preview/print.

I've read some post in this forum and using the Adobe Wizar I've build a new installation package with this "main" parameters.

Adobe1.JPGAdobe2.JPGAdobe3.JPG

This solution didn't solve the problem because Acrobat Reader DC continues upgrating itself.

In the "task scheduler" I've found a task called "Adobe Acrobat update task" enabled. Is that the problem?

Could someone help me? Is it possible to find a wizard's guide more detailed that can help to understand how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance for your collaboration.

(and sorry for my bad english)

Reguard

Luca

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far as I know acrobat updating is not a "service". This is a reference to things like export PDF, which connect to Adobe to convert files. Did you read the Acrobat Enterprise Deployment guide?  You MIGHT have to set this on an initial deployment rather than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've read the deployment guide and under the paragraph "disabling updates", I've choose the choice "B", but didn't work and Acrobat Reader keep updating

Adobe1.JPG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you disabled is "Web Services" installed with Reader.

#4 in your image says - "Disable updates to the web service plugins".

To disable updates for Reader itself, please set bUpdater to 0 directly under this Registry path below

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\(product name)\(version)\FeatureLockdown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines